Anyone used http://csevideo.com/ for step 2 CS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
my roommate has it.. I asked him to look at it so I could reply to your post..

to summarize.. I have no idea how this website calls itself a legitimate company. The woman in the videos was so awkward and fake, I cannot believe what I just witnessed. Her eye contact was so poor, she writes EVERYTHING down on her clipboard which shes holding right in the face of the patient and her empathetic replies to his concerns were as monotone as the questions she asked.

yeeeup..

save your money, just look up basic physical exam videos on youtube

im used it and i find it was excellent to understand exactly what the exam cosnist of

i got all my cases from their videos in my exam
teh lady doctor does it exactly how you need to do it in the real exam

you have to write on the clipboard in the exam and she asked the sp if it is ok to write

that is how you should do it
i dont agree wi th the criticism
i checked out all the resourcses for cs and this is the only i found to match the exam exact

i highly recommed csevideo its best
the pe is done in exact timimg for the exam as well
if you watch with your fa its like watching the fa in a movie

gl

Members don't see this ad :)
agree with heart22

i aced the cs last week and i used pretty much only csevideo

when i took my exam i was amazed that the videos nearly matched the real exam in its entirety

me too i highly recoomed csevideo dont take the exam unless you watch csevideo at least 2 times

i only say this b/c i got higher performance in all sections i think it was becase i follow ever y step of the doctor

good luck

im used it and i find it was excellent to understand exactly what the exam cosnist of

i got all my cases from their videos in my exam
teh lady doctor does it exactly how you need to do it in the real exam

you have to write on the clipboard in the exam and she asked the sp if it is ok to write

that is how you should do it
i dont agree wi th the criticism
i checked out all the resourcses for cs and this is the only i found to match the exam exact

i highly recommed csevideo its best
the pe is done in exact timimg for the exam as well
if you watch with your fa its like watching the fa in a movie

gl

agree with heart22

i aced the cs last week and i used pretty much only csevideo

when i took my exam i was amazed that the videos nearly matched the real exam in its entirety

me too i highly recoomed csevideo dont take the exam unless you watch csevideo at least 2 times

i only say this b/c i got higher performance in all sections i think it was becase i follow ever y step of the doctor

good luck

@DrTacoElf: I wouldnt trust these posts, both making same type of typo, both registered this month with very little post numbers, both ending with "good luck"

Reactions: 1 user
hi I passed with csevideo high performance in all three sections and that is the truth
i have no personal reason to come on here and say that if it wasnt true
when i go to the other fourms they do the same thing if someone supports a new program everybody thinks the person is making it up, have you stopped for one minute to think that there are real students who use csevideo and pass. well im one of them so please dont make accusations that are not accurate.
thank you and good luck

I'd be skeptical about those posts saying it's good to use as well. Check the samples and decide for yourself. I paid for it, and I can say it was probably a mistake because it just re-hashes cases and questions to ask from First Aid. I'm an IMG and haven't had much experience in the US setting so far, but I can say that when I was watching the videos (and I watched all of them just because I paid for them) I was pretty irritated by the SP's and the "Doctor".

Man, the doctor is so unorganized, she asks questions about a symptom then lingers on it for a while, asks some unrelated symptoms in other systems, then will often come back and ask symptoms from the first system. She also is horrible when it comes to showing empathy, I would read Kaplan if you need some help with that. She uses the same phrase each time, multiple times through the encounter, "I'm very sorry to hear what you're experiencing, I'm going to do everything I can to make you better." This, itself is actually an ok phrase to use, but if you hear it like 3 or 4 times in the same case, it seems pretty darn fake. She also is pretty bad when discussing medical terms or using layman terms, should would probably not get a check mark for this if someone was grading her. Furthermore, the SP's and herself seem to take cues off camera about what to ask or do next and how to answer.

I know this seems like I'm putting it down, but I'm just saying what I see in the videos. I have to mention that another thing that doesn't seem right is that she is constantly looking down at her clipboard and taking notes and the clipboard is chest high, almost blocking her from her SP's. I will say that I kind of did like watching how she did some of the physical exams because of how fast she was able to do some of them. Still unorganized because she shifts systems a lot and makes the patient change position back and forth, but you can see how to do some of the PE pretty quickly and you could organize a way to do it better than she does.

Other than that, maybe it helped me a little bit to see actual cases being practiced since I didn't have anyone to practice with myself, but it sure is frustrating to watch because it seems like the people in the video are practicing themselves. It's not too polished and the video is pretty poor quality. It's way overpriced, even the cheapest option, so if you want to try it out I'd suggest getting a friend or two to pitch in, but if you had other people studying for it you could just practice with each other, so it would be pretty useless I guess. Looking back, just study first aid and the questions to ask, practice in the mirror for a few days, and I think you would be pretty solid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxdSMNi2XPg

this is the woman in the video.. you tell me if you think she's good.. this is laughably bad. You can do better on your own.
My friend had gotten her hands on these. We watched for entertainment value only. They are so awkward. My school videotaped a CS- like exam that we had to do and I never watched, because I just didn't want to see how bad it was. Still, I imagine I was lightyears ahead of the clips.

i thought csevideo it was great
i used it and my exam went smoothly and was very predictable

if you get the download of the 08 or 09 those are the ones arent so good bu the ones onthe website are pretty good they have a bunch of samples i used and was very satisfied
i highly recommend csevideo for your cs dont take the exam with out watching those videos
my advice :)

@alira

what are you talking about
the history and pe are right out of the first aid
i dont agree with you at all, the doc does none of the things you mentioned in your post

she is totally organized she uses every instrument in the right amount of time and follows the history to the tee i passed with great result and i have to say i give the credit to csevideo i learned so much from the videos and i recommend to everyone i know this cause, i know the videos show you what the exam is like since i have taken it and passed and my main study source was csevideo!
dont worry if your using it these posts are probably not from real students anyway
i like the others highly recommend csevideo liek they said dont walk in for that exam wihtout watching csevideo :):):)!

i just can't help but laugh at that guy having a convo with himself pretending to be multiple people. good show, good show. at least mix up your punctuation/grammar/spelling a bit.

Reactions: 1 user
why is such a big deal if you like something

where is this world gone to
just cause most people love csevideo!!!!!!!!!!!!
everyone else loses control

so iguess to be accepted on this forum i must hate everything and everyone

got it!

i just can't help but laugh at that guy having a convo with himself pretending to be multiple people. good show, good show. at least mix up your punctuation/grammar/spelling a bit.

Haha I was dying laughing reading the guy playing all three people on these forum. I love how two of them have the generic "nameXX" with two numbers following it. None of them write properly and they all had fantastic opinions of those absolutely horrible videos. I love that every one of their posts are all in this one thread.

The lady taking that history is absolutely horrible. There's no way that would earn a pass. She's reading off the clipboard, asking questions while looking at the clipboard, there's nothing compassionate about how she's talking and she's not using transitional statements, etc. And those are all criticisms from the first 28 seconds of that clip I watched.

Absolutely horrible. Anybody who pays for that csevideo stuff is a fool. It's absolutely horrible. The people in this thread promoting it are obviously shills for the company. The admin here can verify they are all on the same IP address and ban that person.

ha ha
you must be deaf and blind
ok, then do you not follow the fa
i followed the videos with the first aid and they are pretty much a match

i think they were great for my exam as i said i passed with a great score
have you taken the test yet?
anyway who cares
im done with the exam so I dont care
but i will say this
csevideo is an excellent source for the exam wether you like it or not my money was well spent :)

I passed with csevideo depicts actual exam doc does everything you need to know to kick the exam

enough said!

everything else blah blah blah
dont waste your energy

Never heard of this, but I pulled up a web clip on youtube (since the one PokerDoc posted is apparently now private..), posted by them on usmle-forums, if anyone wants to judge for themselves. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8S7PN4l5OLc&feature=player_embedded

I'm gonna agree that it seems pretty poor. And, she didn't wash her hands. Just saying.

This whole thread is pretty hilarious, though.

Hahaha, I love how the only people posting good things about this program all joined in August 2011 and don't like using the shift key on their keyboards.

Just had the real thing today.. the videos are somewhat accurate if for nothing else, there's not much surprise with this exam. They're just done by a clueless looking person. But honestly, first aid was MOOOOORE than enough to be 100% prepared for the exam. In fact, first aid was amazing.