Anyone with experience in Industrial Hygiene?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

grad4ever

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a MPH in epi with years of experience in biostatistics. I decided to do a career change and now I"m interested in getting into Industrial Hygiene. Anyone here with experience in the area, or know of a forum for this specific field? Specific steps I can take in becoming a CIH?

I talked to someone in the IH field only in passing, and heard that there is a demand in the field. He said although I could enter an ABET program and get another Masters, I could just get an internship and prepare for an interview to get a job. Is this true?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I don't have experience in industrial hygiene but my public health interests include environmental health. I have found reddit to be particularly useful as there are reddit users that have backgrounds in IH.

Last edited:
This is true. There are many IH's that do not even have a degree (of course that is a dying occurrence). Most places only require that you have a PH degree. If you are looking to get a CIH or CSP that may be different however... I am currently an IH and just barely graduated with a PH degree (emphasis in IH). I did three internships prior to being hired. There are certainly positions available (two will soon be available just within the company I work for).