anyone working for CVS how to transfer-in Rx? (rxconnect)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Serenoir

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
the other day i wanted to transfer-in a Rx and I had a hard time doing it (first time)
so once you are on patient's profile type TI and this screen pops up
I don't know if I have to type OUR rph name or the other ones( just say walgreen?) on the first page
and the next page which one do i put? and I couldn't get those 3 numbers right on the bottom saying how many refills left.. like i typed 3,3,2 on the bottom it was saying number can't be greater than the first number blah blah..

can someone please explain this in detail?

Also how to be a fast Rx typer? I know some sigs where you can put
FLC, medrol, zpak but is there other ones that I can use?

Members don't see this ad.

I just document everything on hard copy and type it as new script. If you live in a state with strict rules on transfer then obviously this is not a good idea. Even PIC admitted the TI was a hassle for techs to use.

the other day i wanted to transfer-in a Rx and I had a hard time doing it (first time)
so once you are on patient's profile type TI and this screen pops up
I don't know if I have to type OUR rph name or the other ones( just say walgreen?) on the first page
and the next page which one do i put? and I couldn't get those 3 numbers right on the bottom saying how many refills left.. like i typed 3,3,2 on the bottom it was saying number can't be greater than the first number blah blah..

can someone please explain this in detail?

Also how to be a fast Rx typer? I know some sigs where you can put
FLC, medrol, zpak but is there other ones that I can use?

You only have to do "TI" if the script is on hold. If it's been filled just fill it as you would any other script and the computer will transfer it for you.

Say the doctor wrote lisinopril 20mg #90 with 3 refills and the other pharmacy never filled it. For original number of refills you put 4, even though there are only 3 refills there are 4 total fills. It should say total fills instead of origional refills in my opinion but that's just how the system is. For refills remaining you put 3 because you are going to use a fill when you fill it, obviously.

You have to actually put the pharmacist name, not just "Walgreens". I can't remember which pharmacist's name is on the first screen but I think it's the other pharmacist.

Members don't see this ad :)
You only have to do "TI" if the script is on hold. If it's been filled just fill it as you would any other script and the computer will transfer it for you.

Say the doctor wrote lisinopril 20mg #90 with 3 refills and the other pharmacy never filled it. For original number of refills you put 4, even though there are only 3 refills there are 4 total fills. It should say total fills instead of origional refills in my opinion but that's just how the system is. For refills remaining you put 3 because you are going to use a fill when you fill it, obviously.

You have to actually put the pharmacist name, not just "Walgreens". I can't remember which pharmacist's name is on the first screen but I think it's the other pharmacist.
Hey I did like what you did totally worked!! thanks

I just document everything on hard copy and type it as new script. If you live in a state with strict rules on transfer then obviously this is not a good idea. Even PIC admitted the TI was a hassle for techs to use.
yeah I'm not sure how strict they are but I will ask my PIC about this!