Anything for getting into a Dental School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

go2dentist

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have joined SDN around 3 weeks before. And I have been reading posts, this forum is really informative & people here are helpfull. I am glad to join SDN.:)

Now I want to share my feelings with all my buddies here. I have appeared for NBDE a month before, althogh I passed but didn't get a good score.(score is not enough to get into any dental school):(....And now I am in dilemma, I don't know what to do next...........
Like, I know I have to take NBDE again , but now I am low in comfidence. I don't know, should I start preparing for NBDE again or should I give some time to myself.

Another thing is that I am in FL, so I was planning to appear for NBDHE, should I do that & practice Dental Hygiene for some time so that I will gain some energy to again appear for NBDE.:rolleyes:...........Or should I start preparing for NBDE part 1 rightnow.:confused:.........

I am thinking ,by practicing as dental hygienist , I will have some experience in US also, as now ,I don't have any experience in US. (And US experience is also considered by dental schools with NBDE scores).

Please help me with your experience.What you people say.................It will be a great help to me in taking decision.

Regards.

Members don't see this ad.

You still have time for the fresh round of admissions to start. I would say focus on NBDE and ace it. Study hard for the next 3 months and apply early. I am sure you will get some calls.

good luck.

Hi all,

I have joined SDN around 3 weeks before. And I have been reading posts, this forum is really informative & people here are helpfull. I am glad to join SDN.:)

Now I want to share my feelings with all my buddies here. I have appeared for NBDE a month before, althogh I passed but didn't get a good score.(score is not enough to get into any dental school):(....And now I am in dilemma, I don't know what to do next...........
Like, I know I have to take NBDE again , but now I am low in comfidence. I don't know, should I start preparing for NBDE again or should I give some time to myself.

Another thing is that I am in FL, so I was planning to appear for NBDHE, should I do that & practice Dental Hygiene for some time so that I will gain some energy to again appear for NBDE.:rolleyes:...........Or should I start preparing for NBDE part 1 rightnow.:confused:.........

I am thinking ,by practicing as dental hygienist , I will have some experience in US also, as now ,I don't have any experience in US. (And US experience is also considered by dental schools with NBDE scores).

Please help me with your experience.What you people say.................It will be a great help to me in taking decision.

Regards.

Yes I agree...You should NOT loose hope and give your part 1 again!..dont worry you are not alone inthis dillema!..there are many of us out there facing the same problem..Just stay focused and dont loose hope...try to get over 85 at least and u would do good...Us expeience is not in their top list of criteria! NBDE score, toefl and Gpa are considered more..also if u have any experience in your home country that is also counted. You will just be wasting more time if u go into the dental hygeine program..and remember..every year its only going to get tougher and tougher!! so better work everything off right now then cry more later!

Best of luck!..I hope God Helps us all!
Take care.

Members don't see this ad :)
dds_aspirant & fefzie,

Thanks so much for the yr reply. this is great help for making me any decision. Again, thanks a lot for devoting yr time for me & posting yr sugesition.

Dentistry for FTDs is a very long and time consuming process. It requires a lot of energy and hope. I tried for 2 years before I was accepted.

Good luck

dentalbug