Anywhere I can take online labs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

afk94

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm going into my final year of undergrad and I still need to take 3 labs from the following list:
Microbiology Lab
Ecology Lab
Genetics Lab
Immunology Lab

I absolutely despise labs, with a passion. Fortunately, none of those are medical school pre-reqs, however they are required for me to get my degree. I would much rather do these labs online and get them over with than spend 3 hours a week in lab following a set of instructions to figure out the answer to the lab even though it was given in the instructions. Does anyone know of any schools that do online labs for these classes? I would much rather take them online then transfer the credits to my school. If my school won't accept those credits (I'll check before I take them) then I'll just suck it up and take them at the university but I would much rather not.

Before anyone mentions it, I hate school labs. I work in a research lab and I love it. There's a difference between blindly following instructions and actually trying to solve a problem.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I have only ever seen labs where some of it is online. Good luck in your search though. I too share the same feelings regarding research vs. class labs.

how do you have online lab class? that makes no sense at all

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
how do you have online lab class? that makes no sense at all

Instructor: Click here to remove fetal pig kidney
Student: Removes heart "Oh S***, Edit undo! Edit undo!"

Reactions: 3 users
There's a couple universities that run online anatomy labs in conjunction with their online anatomy course. I believe that for exams you still need to get them proctored.