Position Available AOA-Accredited Correctional Medicine Fellowship Program now accepting applications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PrisonDoc

Fellowship Program Director
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
UCONN Health was recently approved to begin start a 2-year fellowship training program in Correctional Medicine. The fellows will also have the added benefit of receiving an MPH degree and eligible to sit for the AOA board certification exam in Correctional Medicine. Correctional Medicine is the field of Medicine that provides health care to one of the most underserved population - incarcerated individuals in jails, prisons, juvenile detention, and Federal prisons. UCONN Health Correctional Managed Health Care provides global health services (medical, mental health, and dental services) to all individuals incarcerated in the Connecticut Department of Correction. Services are provided at both the correctional institutions as well as UCONN Health's John Dempsey Hospital in Farmington, CT. The program is new and second in the nation. If anyone is interested, please contact me ([email protected]) as we have just begun the recruitment process and are now accepting applications for 2014 July start.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
The UCONN Health Correctional Medicine Fellowship is currently open to physicians who have completed a DO residency program. The program currently is not accepting applicants who have completed a MD residency program. I would suggest to those are MD physicians to consider NOVA Southeastern's Correctional Medicine Fellowship program which still has 1 MD fellowship slot available.

Thank you for the information about MD
I am an ECFMG certified but I don't have a residency training in U.S, am I eligible to apply for this fellowship.
thanks