AOA Cardiology Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

terimadi12

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone who has any personal information chime in on the strengths/weaknesses of any of the AOA programs. I am particularly interested in learning about Deborah Heart and Lung which appears to be a very robust program which accepts 8 fellows a year. I could not find much information in depth on any of these programs except from their websites. Would greatly appreciate any input you all have.

Members don't see this ad.

I know of a person who did their interventional year at Deborah two years ago. I honestly don't know much about the general fellowship program. One of my best friends will be starting Interventional there in July 2015. I graduated from the Franciscan Alliance St. James Health general fellowship and currently in the interventional program here. The Magnolia Regional Health Center program in Corinth, MS is a good program as well. Look into the Oklahoma State program as well.

Deborah's fellowship is great. It is definitely on par with any ACGME fellowship out there. The interventional fellowship is even better. It will be 18 months with full certification in ASD, VSD, TAVR, mitraclip, and left atrial appendage closures. The interventional faculty is nationally known as well.

General cardiologists are amazing as well.