AOA match

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cheruka

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone here know if you can still withdraw from NMS match after certifying your rank list?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes you can, as long as the deadline hasn't passed. I certified, withdrew, re-certified and re-withdrew about 50 times leading up to the deadline, haha.

:scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
I did the same. I certified, just could not feel excited about the choices I had. It occured to me that I was just not ready. I am not even done sending thank you letters yet. Slept well after I withdrew.
I also realized I am not ready to do more OMM, write research papers on OMT, take two sets of all exams in dual programs. I already put in more effort because I am a DO, I don't need to subject myself to even more exams than what is needed. Hence, the wait begins. Again...

You don't go through double the exams once you hit residency though....

You do in "dual" programs. It took me a lot of emailing back and forth. I am talking the FM boards in PGY3. You also take two sets of "inhouse" exams for these programs.

You do in "dual" programs. It took me a lot of emailing back and forth. I am talking the FM boards in PGY3. You also take two sets of "inhouse" exams for these programs.

Really? That... sucks...