AOA status on ERAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ElixirofLife

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, not sure if these are dumb questions:

1. If we are listing AOA and/or GHHS under Personal information, should we list it again under Memberships in Honorary/Professional Societies or Medical School Awards again? I find it auto-populates when viewing the pdf version of ERAS on the top right.
2. If one is not a member of AOA or GHHS, do you simply leave the drop down boxes under Personal as "--Select--"?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Interestingly, we had two applicants last year that lied about AOA/GHHS status (easily confirmed with a search from the PD's office). Don't be tempted to do this, it's an immediate app killer.

That being said, only list it in the drop down menu. It's right at the top of ERAS so no one will be missing it.

Thanks for the replies. I was just confused that there was no "no" option offered for either of these fields. So would a non AOA or GHHS student just leave these fields alone i.e. "--Select--"? Sorry for the silly questions.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

Thanks for the replies. I was just confused that there was no "no" option offered for either of these fields. So would a non AOA or GHHS student just leave these fields alone i.e. "--Select--"? Sorry for the silly questions.
Yeah...that's kind of a stupid way to set it up. Should be radio buttons or check box.