AP and Community College Credits

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DentistToBeiA

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am a freshman going into Rutgers University- possibly as a Public Health major.

I have three credits from my AP Psychology exam and six credits from two community college history classes. I was wondering if it would be okay to use them since I know/heard most dental schools do not like/accept credits from anything other than a four year university. However, these classes are not part of the pre-requisites and only fulfill the credits needed to graduate, so would that it be fine? I would hate to learn that I have to retake these classes later, plus I hope to graduate earlier!

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

AP Psych is the only AP credits any of the dental schools will accept. Your history credits won't matter one way or another since it is not a pre-req for dental school. I would schedule in a psych class somewhere in the next 4 years just in case that changes, but most colleges have some sort of social science gen ed requirement anyway so that would cover both.