AP Euro History

Strivetosucceed

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
is anyone taking AP European History? If so, how exactly do you study for it? Because our teacher just lectures with one picture on the powerpoint and makes us read the chapter. I dont want it to build up all the material until April-- AP studying time. So, how do you guys study?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, I have had friends in the past who have taken AP Euro, and they pretty much used review books (this was like 2 or 3 years ago). I might have some online resources available to you for AP Euro, send me a PM and i would be happy to send them to you.

Not posting them publicly because i dont know if it breaks any rules & etc...

Hello EyEnStein 07,
I am kinda new to this forum so I don't exactly know what a PM is. Would you mind telling me? and then, once i know what it is, i can surely send you a PM

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello EyEnStein 07,
I am kinda new to this forum so I don't exactly know what a PM is. Would you mind telling me? and then, once i know what it is, i can surely send you a PM

thats ok, i sent you one.

I studied for AP Euro by learning terms and how they apply to one another. That was enough to do well for me. Timelines are semi-important too but not really a big deal if memory serves

I'm in AP Euro, and my teacher also just lectures (no powerpoint) and expects us to read and keep up. For the exam, I have a review book from a few years ago and I know that, in the last few days before the test, my teacher holds review sessions on the weekend etc.

And for the essays, our take home essays are old AP questions with a 30 min time limit(so, at least one of these every two weeks), and we get old DBQ's assigned from time to time.

hey I used the Princeton Review Book for AP Euro. I also bought the Sparknotes Power Pack? Something like that for AP Euro. The sparknotes thing was amazing, and I got a 5, so I think it really helped.

I hate this class with a burning passion.

The Sparknotes Powerpack helped me a lot with APUSH and Psych, but weren't available when I took Euro.

I just recommend you memorize a lot and practice a bunch of DBQs. Also know how to connect your history together and critically analyze things. That would greatly help with the DBQ and the FRQs.

Another thing I would recommend is look over past free response questions because when I took it last year we had one of the exact same ones we wrote as a practice essay in class because they reuse them sometimes and that made it really easy to write :laugh:.

As a bunch of other members have said, the AP Power Pack will probably be the most useful study. I would remember the main events because then you can learn the details. I would focus on knowing the time periods. My teacher recommends us to know the main events that occurred in each century so then for the FRQs, you'll be able have some understanding of what occurred for the given time period, even if you dont remember specific details of the question. And make sure you nail the DBQ, because the MC choice section is given to be hard as hell so the essay section can be really boosting. I have my exam next friday, May 8. Good luck!

Use the princeton review AP book, it has some good information.