AP U.S. History for a pharmacist?

Panther1050

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I am a sophomore in high school and an aspiring pharmacist. One of my favorite classes is AP U.S. History; this class also offers dual credit from a local university on the west coast. However, I'm confused about how PharmD programs work or how college works in general. I've done some research on 0-6 pharmacy programs that are primarily on the east coast. If I'm going to be studying to be a pharmacist, would I still need to take certain general education classes in a 0-6 program? If so, would my dual credit be transferable to schools with 0-6 programs? I know different schools have different transfer policies.
P.S. The dual credit class is listed as American History & Life I&II
P.S. I was looking at a 0-6 program on MCPHS's website and on their curriculum it has American Culture, Identity, and Public Life. Is this different from a history class?

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

You need to check whether that's a required course for the program in general or whether it is their selected core class because it historically has fit the curriculum well for 6 year pharm students.

That being said I would recommend you aim to keep your debt lower. If that means attending a 4 year undergraduate program locally and then applying to Pharmacy School.

Yes but would the dual credit be able to take place of the American Culture class?

Might not. If you need one from a culture course and not a history course then no dice. But check the handbook for what courses fulfill that requirement group.