Applicants for UIC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DocSu

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard back from UIC for an interview??

Can those who applied post there scores- NBDE 1/2, TOEFL and GPA.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

They don't start interviewing until the end of August so I don't think They have called anybody yet.

NB 1 87, TOEFL ibt 88, ECE 3.25

hi everyone...

I've just received a confirmation e-mail from them...they have my application and don't need other materials...but this is all...
About interview I think we have to wait...

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,
Here are my scores.
NBDE-89
TOEFL-100
GPA-2.8(worried about GPA alone)
Got confirmation that my application is complete.

Hi everyone,
its been a month since i got an email saying that
application is complete! as far as i kw interview process
starts from aug end or sept.!

plz post ur scores n keep in touch!:)

PART 1 - 91
ECE - 3.53
TOEFL - 91 (ibt)
experience- 6 months in india & 1 Yr in US

Hello!

I applied in April, got confirmation email in a couple of days after I had sent my application package.
Waiting for an interview call..............................

Good luck to all of us!

Just finished my application
NBDE PartI - 90 (old format)
GPA - 3.15
TOEFL IBT - 103

I think they start interviews in August end.
Good luck everyone:thumbup:

wow,
u guys have amazing score.
I applied in june, application is complete . yet to hear frm them.
My stats;
Part 1- 89
Part 2- 80
toefl- 116
GPA -4
work experience - 1 yr us/1 yr home country
Donno wer I stand.
Good luck to every body

Hi, I Applied in april. .
My stats are :
NBDE 1: 87%
Toefl : 93
GPA : 2.67( ECE)
Work Experience: Working as Volunteer researcher at NIH/NIDCR. National Institute of Health.
Worked with an Endodontist as a dental assiatant for 6 months.
Worked at Home for a year.
NBDE 2: taking in October.

Hey guys,
i just got an interview call today from uic:)
plz let me kw who all r invited for AUG..PLZ:)

Hi does any body know if people get accepted at UIC on a rolling basis or they wait until november to make the decision>

hi i have almost the same status as yours.do you knowwhat is our chance?
thank you and also i am going to take part 2 in october

Members don't see this ad :)
hi guys,
i m planning to apply to UIC this year. i have a question abt recommendation letters... on their website it is stated that they prefer one letter to be from a dental practitioner.... does it have to be from a dentist in the US or is it sufficient if its from one of my dental school professors???? people who have already applied, plz help me in this regard....
thanks

hi guys,
i m planning to apply to UIC this year. i have a question abt recommendation letters... on their website it is stated that they prefer one letter to be from a dental practitioner.... does it have to be from a dentist in the US or is it sufficient if its from one of my dental school professors???? people who have already applied, plz help me in this regard....
thanks

have you done any practice or volunteer work in dentistry? If yes than it should be easy to get one from practitioner...i don't think it has to be from a dentist in the US
Good Luck

thanks shrey, yep i m working as a DA.. then maybe i should get one from the dentist... i jus wanted to know coz i have the other letters ready....

i've just posted to envelope with the application; i hope it will get there soon:)
nbde 1/2-91/83
toefl 108
gpa 3.94
3 years exper. in my country,none here:(
best of luck to everybody!

Congrats and good luck for your interview.Can you let us know when did you apply and when is the interview scheduled.
I applied in may,but really worried about my GPA.
Thanks and good luck to you again.

hi guys,
i posted the application documents yday.....
nbde part 1= 89, part 2 = yet to take
toefl ibt=114
gpa=4

work experience in home country none
work exp in US= 3 months as an observer+ 4-5 months as DA

those who have got ur interview calls, congrats guys. cud u plz share info abt how long it takes for u to hear anything from them after u mail in ur applications... plz help... thanks

Hi!
u will hear within a week or so about ur application status.

thanks a lot for ur immed reply. so application status means, like if they received my documents is it?

Hi!
u will hear within a week or so about ur application status.

hi guys,
i posted the application documents yday.....
nbde part 1= 89, part 2 = yet to take
toefl ibt=114
gpa=4
work experience in home country none
work exp in US= 3 months as an observer+ 4-5 months as DA.

those who have got ur interview calls, congrats guys. cud u plz share info abt how long it takes for u to hear anything from them after u mail in ur applications... plz help... thanks

hi,
i mailed my application last week on tuesday, arrived at UIC next day-wed.- in the morning (a asked for a delivery confirmation when i mailed the envelope) and wed. afternoon i received and an email confirmation saying that they have all the information they needed and that i have to wait....yesterday i got the interview phone call....
you'll be called for an interview, you have good scores and experience in the US, good luck!

congratulation starrynight.
good luck on ur interview.

hi,
i mailed my application last week on tuesday, arrived at UIC next day-wed.- in the morning (a asked for a delivery confirmation when i mailed the envelope) and wed. afternoon i received and an email confirmation saying that they have all the information they needed and that i have to wait....yesterday i got the interview phone call....
you'll be called for an interview, you have good scores and experience in the US, good luck!

thanks for ur response.... i have to keep my fingers crossed and wait....

hello everybody,
i am just wondering that what is the interview process like in uic ,what sort of questions do they ask .do they have any clinical exam or any essays to write . they emailed me that my application is complete.
any input would be appreciated.
good luck everyone.

hey guys, i got the application complete email today......

hey guys, i got the application complete email today......

good for you! now you need even more patience to wait for the interview.. it will come:thumbup:
lots of luck!

hi guys, did anyone get an interview call for september?????

hey starry night do u know how many people apart frm sdn members have been accepted till date, any idea, will appreciate ur response.

hey starry night do u know how many people apart frm sdn members have been accepted till date, any idea, will appreciate ur response.
hi himal,
jill told me that they will meet every last monday of aug., sept., oct to decide who's in on a rolling basis..she said they will accept 2 or 3 every mos on a rolling basis...the rest at the end of oct, beginning nov...
hope this helps:)
best of luck with your interview call:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

hi himal,
jill told me that they will meet every last monday of aug., sept., oct to decide who's in on a rolling basis..she said they will accept 2 or 3 every mos on a rolling basis...the rest at the end of oct, beginning nov...
hope this helps:)
best of luck with your interview call:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

thanks a lot,,starrynight..

rain