Application Confidentiality

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dartanian885

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are adcoms bound by confidentiality, and if so, how seriously is this taken? I know that parents of some of my friends/acquaintances are on the admissions committee at a local medical school and I am worried about the information that I include in my application being shared with friends/acquaintances. I am also worried about adcoms sharing my information with colleagues who may be relatives or family friends of mine.

I am not so much concerned about personal statement/secondary essays as I'm not sharing any sensitive information in these. It is mostly my GPA and MCAT that I would not want to be shared with others. I keep my academic information pretty private and would not want people in my acquaintance learning this info about me through adcoms.

Members don't see this ad.

How odd, you have GPA and MCAT strong enough to apply to med school but are worried people would find out about your success? Props for being a truly humble person

Reactions: 1 user