Application Cost..Question...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hermione

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So now that the DO application goes through ERAS, does anyone know what the fees will be if we apply to DO and MD programs? Will we get to list 10 DO programs and then another 10 MD programs for the flat rate x 2? Or will the MD programs fall into "additional" category and cost extra? Also will we have to pay the transcript fee for COMLEX again? I'm lost. Anyone?? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

i believe that if you have 10 more programs then it will fall in that 11-20 is 8 dollars per range. you have to pay the fee for comlex and usmle once each 50 bucks. if you release your step 2 scores later i think you will have to pay again later on. the fees dont change if they are DO or MD the eras just adds up the total.
i dont think we can pay the fee till the 15th which is the earliest the CAF can be sent to ERAS.

hope this helps..im learning all at the same time as well..

good luck

hermoine - i think you are right about the flat fee times 2 as long as all of your md applications are within the same specialty. For osteopathic programs there is no delineation or price differences if you apply to different specialties. For MD there is. I don't think you have to pay the comlex transcipt fee. This link has info and a contact email for questions.
http://www.aamc.org/students/eras/feesbilling/start.htm