Application Cycle Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cohedo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am sure this is somewhere on a site or on another forum but I don't really understand one concept of the application cycle.

If I submit an application on 05/30/2013, that would still be considered this cycle because it ends 06/30/2013, right? So, does that mean that my application would strictly be considered for Fall of 2013 admittance? Or, is it possible schools will admit me for Fall of 2014 entry if they're spots for Fall 2013 are full?

I want to have a pretty solid answer about this seeing as $900 of total application fees is quite a bit to just throw away to have schools inform me they're full for 2013 and to try again next cycle!

I appreciate anybody's help on this! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

So if I understand what you are saying, you want to apply for this cycle but if you don't get in then you want your application to carry over to the next cycle?

You need to call the schools and ask them about this. If you like a couple schools then it would be wise to call them and ask how full their class is. If there are spots and you think you are competitive this late in the cycle then apply. If not, wait until August. When you call them you could also ask if they will carry your app to the next cycle.

So if I understand what you are saying, you want to apply for this cycle but if you don't get in then you want your application to carry over to the next cycle?

You need to call the schools and ask them about this. If you like a couple schools then it would be wise to call them and ask how full their class is. If there are spots and you think you are competitive this late in the cycle then apply. If not, wait until August. When you call them you could also ask if they will carry your app to the next cycle.

I guess that kind of fits what I mean. I will definitely contact the schools and see how full their class is. I just wanted to know if they do want to accept me into their school, but seats are full, if they will defer my enrollment to the following year or if they will make me go through the entire application process again.

I did hear back from Kent already, and they said that they will do what they can for enrollment, and if they have a full class for Fall 2013, they will talk options with me and offer a deferment to Fall of 2014. That way, I am not forced to pay another $1000 to the application service.

If you want to save money then just apply to your top 2 or 3 choices. Heck, if you want to go to Kent and you know you have competitive stats just apply there. That will save you a lot of money.