Application deadline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Apply Pressure

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there an application deadline for submitting your app to programs for ERAS? I see that on the website that during this past year, the application could begin being submitted on a certain date, but I didn't see a deadline listed.. Is it program specific?

Sorry, I'm a novice lol

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Is there an application deadline for submitting your app to programs for ERAS? I see that on the website that during this past year, the application could begin being submitted on a certain date, but I didn't see a deadline listed.. Is it program specific?

Sorry, I'm a novice lol

Thanks

No, there's no deadline per se. Since ERAS is merely an online repository for your application information, you can put your information there at any point up until the purge. Around... oh... April/May of each year, their system shuts down, they purge all of the information in it to get ready for next year. Anytime up until that point, they'll be happy to have you sign up, upload your information, and pay them their fee.

Now, whether or not programs look at the material... that's another matter.

Sorry, I'm a novice lol

Thanks

Dr Bob is right that ERAS is just a repository and that programs have their own timelines. Many programs start the interview season early (as early as October this year), so for many things it pays to get the applications in toward the early side. (Seems like the application season is starting earlier and earlier each year.) It doesn't have to be September 2 on the button, but applying within a couple of weeks of that date is not a bad game plan.

Sorry, I'm a novice lol

Thanks

Each program has a deadline for when they will no longer accept apps and when all your materials need to be complete by, save the dean's letter since that is known to come out after Nov 1. Most places have a deadline in November or December, although I did have a program that required everything was complete by mid-October.

As mentioned above, you shouldn't be focusing on the deadlines, as you want all your materials submitted ASAP.