Application Experiences/other forums?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jonb123

Headline
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Just foundt this forum and love it. There must be others like it, if anyone's aware, can you post what they are?

Also, if anyone has experience with the following schools, I'd love to hear what your thoughts are around the acceptance criteria and quality of programs.

Programs I'm considering:
Argosy (SF and Atlanta campuses)
New School University
Yeshiva
Nova Southeastern
Carlos Albizu
California Institute of Intregal Studies

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

There is actually a thread that starts with the ranking of clinical psych programs by the US News.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=163603

Also, here is a list of URLs for clinical psych programs.

http://www.uky.edu/Education/EDP/clinprog.html

Most programs have admission statistics on their sites.

I thought about applying to Nova Southeastern U. It's the only program on your list that I'm pretty familiar with. If you don't have to worry about paying for school or if you don't mind taking out loans, then that's a good idea. Nova has a PhD program as well as a PsyD program. You can also apply to both, and hopefully this increases the chances of getting into one of them. They offer clinical health and clinical neuropsych specializations and they also offer forensic specialization if I'm not mistaken. You don't have to specialize in any particular thing though. Nova also has a master's degree program in clinical psychopharmacology for psychologists either interested in pursuing prescription privileges (I know, I know... I'm not trying to start that debate up again) or those who just wish focus on the biological and pharmacological aspects of psychology. (I would be interested in getting that so I could have a solid foundation in biopsych and psychopharmacology, as I'm interested primarily in research.)

I hope you find more information and I hope this helps.