Application Fee for Moonlighting Position?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ψ-117

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here ever had to pay an application fee to work somewhere? I'm applying for a position where I would be taking weekend call for a hospital, and they are asking $250 to process my application. At the other hospital where I currently moonlight, they processed my application for free. I'm wondering if charging fees to the applicant is a common practice. Right now I'm not too excited about it.

Members don't see this ad.

Never done it. Sounds like a red flag or a place taking advantage of desperate residents.

For my moonlighting positions and current job, both applications asked for lots of money -- $500 and $1000. I asked about it and both places said the fee was waived without any hesitation or discussion.

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah. They may just be trying to milk you. It could also be a pushover test. 'hey he paid the fee, let's work him like a dog'

yeah. They may just be trying to milk you. It could also be a pushover test. 'hey he paid the fee, let's work him like a dog'

It's probably just their standard fee for processing application for hosp staff privileges; which as others have mentioned can be waived for those applying for employment (including moonlighting or contract work)

Yeah, I've never paid it, never heard another word about it either.

Thanks everyone. I ended up getting the fee waived by simply asking about it. :thumbup:

Reactions: 1 user