Application Process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

msd848

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you that have already applied once, how long did it take in completing the application? I have heard all you really have to do is pick your schools, your classes you've taken, attach personal statement, and volunteer involvement and press send.

Also, for those of you who took the MCAT after May 1st, did you guys send the application in without the MCAT? Do most schools allow this to occur? I don't want to be late in the application process, so I was thinking about sending in my application first week of June, and sending in my MCAT scores around the beginning of July. This won't put me at the bottom of the pile if I send the application without the MCAT will it?

Members don't see this ad.

For those of you that have already applied once, how long did it take in completing the application? I have heard all you really have to do is pick your schools, your classes you've taken, attach personal statement, and volunteer involvement and press send.

Also, for those of you who took the MCAT after May 1st, did you guys send the application in without the MCAT? Do most schools allow this to occur? I don't want to be late in the application process, so I was thinking about sending in my application first week of June, and sending in my MCAT scores around the beginning of July. This won't put me at the bottom of the pile if I send the application without the MCAT will it?

The earlier you submit the completed primary, the sooner it will be sent to the schools.

I spent a few hours working on mine, and sent everything else in immediately after submitting the primary online. I was done by the first week of july, which is decently early (decently early in that I had my secondary completed 2 months before the first day of interviews).

You will still be early in the process if you submit your MCAT scores in the first week of july. There will be people that are complete before you, and many more who will be complete after you.

I would start giving AACOMAS a weekly call 3 weeks after you submit all relevant information. This will allow you to find out if you are missing anything, and will help you avoid prolonged delays.

Good luck!