Application Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mouse2562

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
When writing a letter of interest, how important is it to know who will be reading it? I'm applying to CVS online, and I'm unsure who to address my letter of interest to. Is it really considered bad form to use 'To Whom it May Concern'? I've searched online for who might be the hiring manager, but didn't have any luck. I don't know how else to get the information without calling one of the stores in the zipcode listed for the job... and even that seems like it would be iffy. Advice?

Members don't see this ad.

To Whom it May Concern is fine. That's the last thing they will care about in your letter.

I can't think of anything else you could use in it's place

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the input. I kept seeing advice saying that it looks bad, but I wasn't sure how seriously to take it.

I do have another questions about CVS applications now. There are 3 openings in my area (2 listed for stores in the city, and 1 for a town about 20 minutes away). I accessed the first application through a CVS posting for a specific store, but the application itself actually seemed very general. It asked me for my city & state instead of which store/opening I was applying for. Do I need to go through the whole process again for both of the other postings, or will it automatically give my application to all of the people hiring in the city/area I chose?

Thanks for the input. I kept seeing advice saying that it looks bad, but I wasn't sure how seriously to take it.
I do have another questions about CVS applications now, however. There are 3 openings in my area (2 listed for stores in the city, and 1 for a town about 20 minutes away). I accessed the first application through a CVS posting for a specific store, but the application itself actually seemed very general. It asked me for my city & state instead of which store/opening I was applying for. Do I need to go through the whole process again for both of the other postings, or will it automatically give me application to all of the people hiring in the city/area I chose?

The same person interviews and hires for all of the locations in the district anyways so you only need to apply once. Whether or not they offer you a job at the specific location you want is probably out of your control and would depend on their urgent needs but I'm just speculating at this point. You may get into the store you applied to, you may apply for a floater job and get offer for PIC, you may be referred to a neighbouring district... who knows.