Application Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ethanolabsolute

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When is the earliest that you can start applying for med school? I ask this question because I am just starting my junior year of undergrad and I have taken the MCAT already (did it in august). I want to apply as early as possible, since I will have everything ready to go before most people have even taken the april mcat.

Members don't see this ad.

ethanolabsolute said:
When is the earliest that you can start applying for med school? I ask this question because I am just starting my junior year of undergrad and I have taken the MCAT already (did it in august). I want to apply as early as possible, since I will have everything ready to go before most people have even taken the april mcat.

June 1st.

thanks code brown, i appreciate it.

Code Brown said:
June 1st.

The next AMCAS will be available on or around May 1 and the earliest you can submit it is on or around June 1.

I doubt AMCAS will change significantly from this year, so you can get started on your personal statement right now if you want. FYI, this year the personal statement was 5300 characters max (including spaces).

Jason