Application Stats Vs. Dental Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DATSPR2015

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just curious what some people thought about my chances getting into the schools that I applied to. A general idea would be helpful or even which ones you think I could or couldn't get into. Thanks!

My main stats are

GPA Overall - 3.64
Non-Science - 3.80
Science GPA - 3.52
BCP - 3.38

DAT
BIO/GC/OC/PAT/RC/QR/TS/AA

21/22/21/23/19/18/21/20

I have a strong background in extracurricular activities, work experience, and shadowing. No research though. Well written personal statement.

The dental schools I applied to were...

Arizona School of Dentistry and Oral Health
Case Western Reserve University School of Dental Medicine
Meharry Medical College School of Dentistry
Midwestern University College of Dental Medicine-Arizona
Roseman University of Health Sciences College of Dental Medicine - South Jordan, Utah
The Ohio State University College of Dentistry
University of California, Los Angeles School of Dentistry
University of Kentucky College of Dentistry
University of Louisville School of Dentistry
University of Nevada, Las Vegas School of Dental Medicine
University of the Pacific Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry
University of Utah School of Dentistry

Members don't see this ad.

Ah, you must be from Utah with those schools you have chosen? haha Dalhousie (Canada) also favors alot of Utah residents, and honestly, I found its campus (program and location) more appealing than Utah, Roseman, and Louisville. Just my 2 cents though. Everyone is different.

Your DAT and GPA are a little low for UCLA and if you are a minority, Meharry is fine, if not your chance there is zero. Overall, I think your list is good with your stats, which are right at the median for accepted students in 2014. If you are a minority, that might offset the low stats for UCLA some. You should get some interviews and then after that, it will depend on how well you interview.

I am an Ohio resident and I do go to school at BYU. I feel confident about interviewing.