Application Update through email or at Interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ztg93

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
There are a few updates I would like to send to the schools I will be interviewing with. Recently, I began work as a research assistant at a well known pediatric hospital. Also, I've received a distinguished member award for my work with a mentoring program. Is this worth an update and would it be necessary to email these schools ahead of time with the new information, or should I wait until the interview day and bring it up to my interviewers?

Also, is it appropriate to send an "in the area" email along with these updates to another school that I haven't received an interview from?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you.

Also, is it ok to mention that I am interviewing at a nearby school, as my reason for being in the area, in an "in the area" email?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you.

Also, is it ok to mention that I am interviewing at a nearby school, as my reason for being in the area, in an "in the area" email?

Just don't give a reason, they won't ask. "I will be in the area from x to y." There's no need for "I will be in the area from x to y for another interview/family wedding/fun/etc."

Th0ugh I have a feeling that most schools figure you're there for another interview anyway, this way you don't come off as trying to leverage the situation.