Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DentalGirl5

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I've done some research but for some reason, I still can't figure out when I'll be able to actually sign in and open up the application to begin filling it out and request the letters of rec. Am I able to do all of this before June 1st (guessing it's a yes), and if so, how far in advance? I'm particularly interested in when my teachers and dentist should have the letters of rec completed and when I can request for the letters. Thanks so much, sorry I'm a bit lost! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Usually 2 weeks before you can send stuff out, the application opens up so you can fill things out, just can't send anything at that point.

Reactions: 1 user
No the application does not open up at all before June. Some people are able to submit on the first day the application is available because they create an account the cycle before to get the questions they ask and when the application opens, they just copy and paste their responses. Unfortunately you can't do this anymore but if you sign up for AADSAS the first day, and have everything in within the first month, you should be fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,
I've done some research but for some reason, I still can't figure out when I'll be able to actually sign in and open up the application to begin filling it out and request the letters of rec. Am I able to do all of this before June 1st (guessing it's a yes), and if so, how far in advance? I'm particularly interested in when my teachers and dentist should have the letters of rec completed and when I can request for the letters. Thanks so much, sorry I'm a bit lost! :)

The upcoming cycle is scheduled to open on June 2nd, 2015. You will be able to start everything then.

https://portal.aadsasweb.org/

So if the professors have their LORs ready by June 2nd and I fill everything out that day (just hypothetically, I know that's a stretch), then you guys are saying that I can technically send everything out that day? Do I request the professors from the actual application? Thank you so much everyone! You're so helpful :)

So if the professors have their LORs ready by June 2nd and I fill everything out that day (just hypothetically, I know that's a stretch), then you guys are saying that I can technically send everything out that day? Do I request the professors from the actual application? Thank you so much everyone! You're so helpful :)
You can send everything you have that day. You'll need to wait for your transcripts and DAT scores to upload which can take a while.

There is a part of the application that asks you to list your professor's information, and they will send them an email with a link to upload their letter which uploads to the application as soon as they submit it.

Thanks so much everyone!!! It means a lot that you all want to help. :)