About the ads

Applied/Accepted, Fall 2012!!!

Discussion in 'Public Health Degrees (Masters and Doctoral)' started by healthdisparity, Nov 8, 2011.

1. SDN is a nonprofit organization. Services are made possible through the generous support of SDN members and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. spanstudent

spanstudent

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Accepted at Michigan HBHE yesterday. So thrilled...but now I have to figure out how to pay for school...:eek:
  2. member 13588

member 13588

Congrats, spanstudent!

I'm in for EHS, and highly considering attending. Do you or anyone else know when merit awards come out?
  3. Inkoate

Inkoate

Pre-Medical
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    nice, HBHE is representing from UMich. Hope I hear back from them soon, too!
  4. fc2241

fc2241

Non-Student
    SOPHAS sent out my application on 12/13/2011. Yale has emailed me twice, one to confirm the receiving of my application on 12/16/2011 and the other one on 01/12/2012 to acknowledge that my application was completed. The admission letter was delivered to my email on 01/27/2012, taking around two weeks for them to reach a decision.
  5. apw12

apw12

Congrats spanstudent! When did you e-submit and get confirmation from UM?
  6. spanstudent

spanstudent

I submitted on Nov 16th and heard by email on Jan 27th.
    Now just waiting on UCLA....
  7. mwdl4life

mwdl4life

Fellow [Any Field]
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Finalized the 1/6, decision 1/27
  8. DrRayden

DrRayden

Attending Physician
    Hey folks,
    May I kindly propose that those of us who will interview with UNC'a AdCom should post questions that they asked. I will post mine as soon as I'm done as well as experiences.
    Thanks!
  9. Etude

Etude

I've been watching OPUS like a hawk all day, and I just saw that my To-Do List has been updated with two new Admissions items: Enrollment Decision Form and Enrollment Deposit. However, the Online Decision is still listed as unavailable.

The same thing happened to EpiWin a couple of pages back, and someone responded that it meant an acceptance. EpiWin, have you received an official notification from Emory? I don't want to let myself get excited unless this is a sure thing.
  10. JMM051

JMM051

Other Health Professions Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    The year I was accepted, Opus updated about a week or two before I received a formal e-mail.
  11. EpiWin

EpiWin Epic-demiology

SDN 2+ Year Member
    I got the online acceptance a week later, seems like the same thing has been happening to a few other people. I'd say it looks like good news!
  12. fc2241

fc2241

Non-Student
    Just emailed the Berkeley Epi department - they're making decisions now on Epi/Biostat MPH program and will finish it by the end of Feb. Nervous...
  13. Etude

Etude

Thank you, JMM051 and EpiWin. It does look like good news! I will be sure to post an update when I receive an official notification from the school.
  14. Ocelota88

Ocelota88

So did anyone else apply to the University of Washington's Epi program? They are having visit days the first week of March and I see on the website that you need to register by Feb 10th. I submitted my application back in November and still haven't heard anything yet...
  15. JJP05

JJP05

SDN 2+ Year Member
    Which program did you apply to? I applied for MPH in epidemiology. Yale acknowledged my application on 1/4, but I still did not hear back from them. :(
  16. JJP05

JJP05

SDN 2+ Year Member
    I applied to Yale chronic disease Epi too. I Haven't hear anything back from them yet. :( When did you get the email that acknowledged the completion of your application? How did hear back from Yale? Did they send the decision by email?
  17. fc2241

fc2241

Non-Student
    Hi, JJP05

Please see my post above on this page, at #254.
  18. KeatingR

KeatingR

Hi All,

I recieved an email four weeks back from BU that admissions would be sending decisions in four weeks. Anyone heard from them??

Many thanks!
  19. codym

codym

SDN 2+ Year Member
    I received a confirmation email from Yale on November 29. I have yet to hear anything, so I'm assuming it's a "no." :shrug:
  20. Porcupine

Porcupine

SDN 2+ Year Member
    Congratulation!!!! I was accepted at Michigan Epi early this month and now waiting for the Michigan HBHE. I applied both because my background is in Epi and I love behavioral epidemiology and mixed methods (qualitative + quantitative)

By the way, are you international students? What do you plan to finance your study? My brain is working hard now figure it out

Finger crossed for our funding =)
  21. Porcupine

Porcupine

SDN 2+ Year Member
    Congratulation!!!! I was accepted at Michigan Epi early this month and now waiting for the Michigan HBHE. I applied both because my background is in Epi and I love behavioral epidemiology and mixed methods (qualitative + quantitative)

By the way, are you international students? How do you plan to finance your study? My brain is working hard now figure it out

Finger crossed for our funding =)
  22. john smith 88

john smith 88

Has anybody heard from the Health Policy department at Yale? I received a completed application email on 1/4, and I'm started to get worried that I haven't heard back yet.
  23. hbat009

hbat009

not yet, but please let me know when you do!
  24. Wickel

Wickel

I applied to Yale's management track myself. They emailed me Jan. 26 to confirm that my file is complete and it looks like it takes them about 2 weeks to reach a decision. I expect to hear back from them next week, have you received a confirmation email?
  25. GingerGirl27

GingerGirl27

Pre-Medical
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    Hey. My SOPHAS was mailed out to Yale since 11/9 and I only heard back from them last week. So you never know.
  26. codym

codym

SDN 2+ Year Member
    Wow! They like to keep us in suspense. Congrats GingerGirl and thank you! I'm a little more optimistic now!!! :)
  27. mystal

mystal mystal

Congratulations! It is a pleasure to inform you that you have been admitted to The Graduate School of The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.

I got into UNC for nutrition! =)
  28. DrRayden

DrRayden

Attending Physician
    Congratulations Mystal. It's relieving to hear that UNC has started raining :D

Were you interviewed for this?? If so kindly let us know the questions you were asked.

CONGRATS!!!!!
  29. mystal

mystal mystal

Thank you!! =) I actually was not interviewed. I applied in the end of November and the only contact I had from them was an email about a week ago asking for an updated transcript. I'm excited--UNC is definitely one of my top choices!
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  30. maggiemay28

maggiemay28

Oh goodness I'm starting to freak out. Anyone hear from UNC's HBHE? Do you think each MPH department is on it's own schedule or do you think all of MPH is lumped together?
  31. DrRayden

DrRayden

Attending Physician
    Mystal,
    That's great!! I applied to the MCH department and so they've scheduled an interview with me next week. :)
  32. Etude

Etude

Update: Today OPUS provided my official acceptance letter, under the Online Decision link. I applied to the Global Health department and the Reproductive Health and Population Studies concentration.

I had expected my application to be passed along to my second choice, BSHE, so this was a wonderful surprise. So happy to know that, no matter what happens with my other schools, I will be studying public health in the fall!
  33. apw12

apw12

Congrats to everyone's acceptances! I was just wondering if anyone has heard from Boston University's MPH program this week?
  34. mystal

mystal mystal

Good luck! :)
  35. Epi2014

Epi2014

I contacted BU's admission office on Monday and they said that they are releasing decisions by the end of this week or early next week.
  36. apw12

apw12

Thanks for the information - do you know if they will be sending out emails or just stuff in the mail?
  37. fourandtwo

fourandtwo

What's up everyone!

Undergrad GPA: 3.65 in biotechnology
    GRE: 154V 154Q 3.0W
    MCAT: 24M

Does anyone else really suck at standardized tests?

Experience:
    -3 years tutoring college students with learning disabilities
    -1 year hospital internship with a rotation in administration
    -2 months of volunteering at a hospital and orphanage in Ghana.
    -Currently a Clinical Research Analyst for a pharmaceutical company in California.

Date submitted: 11/30

Applied: BU, UCLA, Columbia
    Accepted: BU w/ $12,000 grant
    Rejected: None yet
    Waiting on: UCLA & Columbia
  38. fourandtwo

fourandtwo

I got an email last Monday and received a little somethin' on Saturday. Good luck to you!
  39. member 13588

member 13588

Epi2014, is that information for BUSPH in general, or a specific department?
  40. Epi2014

Epi2014

I'm not sure if it's for a specific department. i was told that they are sending out decisions for applications that got in before the holidays. I received an email on Jan 9th saying that my application was complete.
    you can call the office and check on your application status.
  41. Wickel

Wickel

When did they send you a confirmation that your file is complete? I received an email from them the 26th and trying to get a feel for when I should expect a decision.
  42. mwdl4life

mwdl4life

Fellow [Any Field]
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    On 1/6 - they took 3 weeks exactly.
  43. Wickel

Wickel

Sounds like I can expect to hear from them sometime next week. And congratulations by the way, Yale's management track is quite competitive from what I've been able to gather. And hopefully you'll hear from Cornell soon, I'm still a little surprised they haven't gotten back to you, everything has been so quick with my application. Did you wind up sending them an email like I suggested?
  44. mph8

mph8

has anyone else heard back from Yale EMD department yet?
  45. EpiWin

EpiWin Epic-demiology

SDN 2+ Year Member
    I heard back a couple weeks back, I think the dates I submitted and confirmed are somewhere in this thread. Also Emory finally sent an acceptance email after OPUS updated a week or so back.
  46. mph8

mph8

Congrats on your acceptance! Did Yale send you an acceptance letter via e-mail? Or did they post it on portal?
  47. eleanoor

eleanoor

SDN 2+ Year Member
    Undergrad GPA: 3.4 in Nutritional Science, graduated 2010

Experience: 2 years as AmeriCorps member at a food bank teaching low-income families how to prepare nutritious meals, and Alternative Spring Break (several trips) in college

Applied: NYU-MPH/RD, Johns Hopkins-MSPH/RD, UNC-MPH/RD

Accepted: None yet

Rejected: None yet

I applied on November 30th.

Best of luck to everyone!

48. EpiWin

EpiWin Epic-demiology

SDN 2+ Year Member
    By portal do you mean SOPHAS? I got the acceptance emailed to me, and a physical letter mailed a few days later.
  49. mphresidency

mphresidency

Medical Student
    Hey

I got an acceptance from UMich for Hospital Epidem and Molecular Epidem MPH. I applied on Jan 10th 2012. I was late in applying. I am an international student. What are planning for scholarship and funding?

I am still waiting for Columbia, Yale, Emory and Minnesota.

Fingers Crossed...
  50. mph123456

mph123456

I heard from HBHE this morning that I was accepted for MPH. I submitted my application on 12/4/11.