Applied/Accepted, Fall 2012!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted at Michigan HBHE yesterday. So thrilled...but now I have to figure out how to pay for school...:eek:

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats, spanstudent!

I'm in for EHS, and highly considering attending. Do you or anyone else know when merit awards come out?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yale people - when was your app complete and how did you find out about your acceptance?
SOPHAS sent out my application on 12/13/2011. Yale has emailed me twice, one to confirm the receiving of my application on 12/16/2011 and the other one on 01/12/2012 to acknowledge that my application was completed. The admission letter was delivered to my email on 01/27/2012, taking around two weeks for them to reach a decision.

Congrats spanstudent! When did you e-submit and get confirmation from UM?

I submitted on Nov 16th and heard by email on Jan 27th.
Now just waiting on UCLA....

Hey folks,
May I kindly propose that those of us who will interview with UNC'a AdCom should post questions that they asked. I will post mine as soon as I'm done as well as experiences.
Thanks!

I've been watching OPUS like a hawk all day, and I just saw that my To-Do List has been updated with two new Admissions items: Enrollment Decision Form and Enrollment Deposit. However, the Online Decision is still listed as unavailable.

The same thing happened to EpiWin a couple of pages back, and someone responded that it meant an acceptance. EpiWin, have you received an official notification from Emory? I don't want to let myself get excited unless this is a sure thing.

The year I was accepted, Opus updated about a week or two before I received a formal e-mail.

I've been watching OPUS like a hawk all day, and I just saw that my To-Do List has been updated with two new Admissions items: Enrollment Decision Form and Enrollment Deposit. However, the Online Decision is still listed as unavailable.

The same thing happened to EpiWin a couple of pages back, and someone responded that it meant an acceptance. EpiWin, have you received an official notification from Emory? I don't want to let myself get excited unless this is a sure thing.

I got the online acceptance a week later, seems like the same thing has been happening to a few other people. I'd say it looks like good news!

Just emailed the Berkeley Epi department - they're making decisions now on Epi/Biostat MPH program and will finish it by the end of Feb. Nervous...

Thank you, JMM051 and EpiWin. It does look like good news! I will be sure to post an update when I receive an official notification from the school.

Members don't see this ad :)
So did anyone else apply to the University of Washington's Epi program? They are having visit days the first week of March and I see on the website that you need to register by Feb 10th. I submitted my application back in November and still haven't heard anything yet...

SOPHAS sent out my application on 12/13/2011. Yale has emailed me twice, one to confirm the receiving of my application on 12/16/2011 and the other one on 01/12/2012 to acknowledge that my application was completed. The admission letter was delivered to my email on 01/27/2012, taking around two weeks for them to reach a decision.

Which program did you apply to? I applied for MPH in epidemiology. Yale acknowledged my application on 1/4, but I still did not hear back from them. :(

GPA: 3.70
GRE: 770V, 800Q, 3.5AW (Unfortunately)
Undergrad Major in Biology and MA in Biomedical Informatics
Experience: no direct experience in public health but an relevant publication

Applied: Yale (Chronic Disease Epi MPH), Columbia (Epi MPH), UC Berkeley (Epi/Biostat MPH), Harvard (Epi 80-credit SM), JHU (Epi ScM), UCLA (Epi MS), U Pittsburgh (Epi MS and Human Genetics MS)
Accepted: U Pittsburgh (Human Genetics MS), Yale (Chronic Disease Epi MPH)
Rejected:
Waiting: the rest

I applied to Yale chronic disease Epi too. I Haven't hear anything back from them yet. :( When did you get the email that acknowledged the completion of your application? How did hear back from Yale? Did they send the decision by email?

I applied to Yale chronic disease Epi too. I Haven't hear anything back from them yet. :( When did you get the email that acknowledged the completion of your application? How did hear back from Yale? Did they send the decision by email?
Hi, JJP05

Please see my post above on this page, at #254.

Hi All,

I recieved an email four weeks back from BU that admissions would be sending decisions in four weeks. Anyone heard from them??

Many thanks!

Which program did you apply to? I applied for MPH in epidemiology. Yale acknowledged my application on 1/4, but I still did not hear back from them. :(

I received a confirmation email from Yale on November 29. I have yet to hear anything, so I'm assuming it's a "no." :shrug:

Accepted at Michigan HBHE yesterday. So thrilled...but now I have to figure out how to pay for school...:eek:

Congratulation!!!! I was accepted at Michigan Epi early this month and now waiting for the Michigan HBHE. I applied both because my background is in Epi and I love behavioral epidemiology and mixed methods (qualitative + quantitative)

By the way, are you international students? What do you plan to finance your study? My brain is working hard now figure it out

Finger crossed for our funding =)

Congratulation!!!! I was accepted at Michigan Epi early this month and now waiting for the Michigan HBHE. I applied both because my background is in Epi and I love behavioral epidemiology and mixed methods (qualitative + quantitative)

By the way, are you international students? How do you plan to finance your study? My brain is working hard now figure it out

Has anybody heard from the Health Policy department at Yale? I received a completed application email on 1/4, and I'm started to get worried that I haven't heard back yet.

I applied to Yale's management track myself. They emailed me Jan. 26 to confirm that my file is complete and it looks like it takes them about 2 weeks to reach a decision. I expect to hear back from them next week, have you received a confirmation email?

I received a confirmation email from Yale on November 29. I have yet to hear anything, so I'm assuming it's a "no." :shrug:

Hey. My SOPHAS was mailed out to Yale since 11/9 and I only heard back from them last week. So you never know.

Hey. My SOPHAS was mailed out to Yale since 11/9 and I only heard back from them last week. So you never know.

Wow! They like to keep us in suspense. Congrats GingerGirl and thank you! I'm a little more optimistic now!!! :)

Congratulations! It is a pleasure to inform you that you have been admitted to The Graduate School of The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.

I got into UNC for nutrition! =)

Congratulations Mystal. It's relieving to hear that UNC has started raining :D

Were you interviewed for this?? If so kindly let us know the questions you were asked.

CONGRATS!!!!!

Congratulations Mystal. It's relieving to hear that UNC has started raining :D

Were you interviewed for this?? If so kindly let us know the questions you were asked.

CONGRATS!!!!!

Thank you!! =) I actually was not interviewed. I applied in the end of November and the only contact I had from them was an email about a week ago asking for an updated transcript. I'm excited--UNC is definitely one of my top choices!

Last edited:
Oh goodness I'm starting to freak out. Anyone hear from UNC's HBHE? Do you think each MPH department is on it's own schedule or do you think all of MPH is lumped together?

Mystal,
That's great!! I applied to the MCH department and so they've scheduled an interview with me next week. :)

Update: Today OPUS provided my official acceptance letter, under the Online Decision link. I applied to the Global Health department and the Reproductive Health and Population Studies concentration.

I had expected my application to be passed along to my second choice, BSHE, so this was a wonderful surprise. So happy to know that, no matter what happens with my other schools, I will be studying public health in the fall!

Congrats to everyone's acceptances! I was just wondering if anyone has heard from Boston University's MPH program this week?

I contacted BU's admission office on Monday and they said that they are releasing decisions by the end of this week or early next week.

Thanks for the information - do you know if they will be sending out emails or just stuff in the mail?

What's up everyone!

Undergrad GPA: 3.65 in biotechnology
GRE: 154V 154Q 3.0W
MCAT: 24M

Does anyone else really suck at standardized tests?

Experience:
-3 years tutoring college students with learning disabilities
-1 year hospital internship with a rotation in administration
-2 months of volunteering at a hospital and orphanage in Ghana.
-Currently a Clinical Research Analyst for a pharmaceutical company in California.

Date submitted: 11/30

Applied: BU, UCLA, Columbia
Accepted: BU w/ $12,000 grant
Rejected: None yet
Waiting on: UCLA & Columbia

Thanks for the information - do you know if they will be sending out emails or just stuff in the mail?

I got an email last Monday and received a little somethin' on Saturday. Good luck to you!

Epi2014, is that information for BUSPH in general, or a specific department?

Epi2014, is that information for BUSPH in general, or a specific department?
I'm not sure if it's for a specific department. i was told that they are sending out decisions for applications that got in before the holidays. I received an email on Jan 9th saying that my application was complete.
you can call the office and check on your application status.

In at Yale - Health Management! Anyone else hear back yet?

When did they send you a confirmation that your file is complete? I received an email from them the 26th and trying to get a feel for when I should expect a decision.

When did they send you a confirmation that your file is complete? I received an email from them the 26th and trying to get a feel for when I should expect a decision.

On 1/6 - they took 3 weeks exactly.

On 1/6 - they took 3 weeks exactly.

Sounds like I can expect to hear from them sometime next week. And congratulations by the way, Yale's management track is quite competitive from what I've been able to gather. And hopefully you'll hear from Cornell soon, I'm still a little surprised they haven't gotten back to you, everything has been so quick with my application. Did you wind up sending them an email like I suggested?

has anyone else heard back from Yale EMD department yet?

has anyone else heard back from Yale EMD department yet?

I heard back a couple weeks back, I think the dates I submitted and confirmed are somewhere in this thread. Also Emory finally sent an acceptance email after OPUS updated a week or so back.

Congrats on your acceptance! Did Yale send you an acceptance letter via e-mail? Or did they post it on portal?

Undergrad GPA: 3.4 in Nutritional Science, graduated 2010

Experience: 2 years as AmeriCorps member at a food bank teaching low-income families how to prepare nutritious meals, and Alternative Spring Break (several trips) in college

Applied: NYU-MPH/RD, Johns Hopkins-MSPH/RD, UNC-MPH/RD

Accepted: None yet

Rejected: None yet

I applied on November 30th.

Best of luck to everyone!

Congrats on your acceptance! Did Yale send you an acceptance letter via e-mail? Or did they post it on portal?

By portal do you mean SOPHAS? I got the acceptance emailed to me, and a physical letter mailed a few days later.

By the way, are you international students? How do you plan to finance your study? My brain is working hard now figure it out

Hey

I got an acceptance from UMich for Hospital Epidem and Molecular Epidem MPH. I applied on Jan 10th 2012. I was late in applying. I am an international student. What are planning for scholarship and funding?

I am still waiting for Columbia, Yale, Emory and Minnesota.

Fingers Crossed...

Oh goodness I'm starting to freak out. Anyone hear from UNC's HBHE? Do you think each MPH department is on it's own schedule or do you think all of MPH is lumped together?

I heard from HBHE this morning that I was accepted for MPH. I submitted my application on 12/4/11.