Navy Applied for HPSP but offered HSCP??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rladbwjdtl

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied for Navy HPSP but was offered HCSP... Has anyone heard of this ever happening before?

Members don't see this ad.

I applied for Navy HPSP but was offered HCSP... Has anyone heard of this ever happening before?

yeah i have actually.

not worth it unless you wanna make a career out of the navy. you graduate with 4 years of active duty under your belt so you get paid more when you graduate, as opposed to your hpsp counterparts.

downside though--judging by where you'll be going to school (uop, as your signature states), hscp won't cover your full tuition. so if you take out loans, in the grand scheme of things, hscp could work out (due to the higher active duty salary and you paying off loans with that extra money)..so it could be comparable to the hpsp? then again..i haven't crunched the numbers

I was offered that at first, I told my recruiter I only wanted HPSP and that he could put me on a waiting list. He then tried playing games to get me to sign for the HSCP but eventually I was offered HPSP. Not sure if it could work out like that for you.

I was offered that at first, I told my recruiter I only wanted HPSP and that he could put me on a waiting list. He then tried playing games to get me to sign for the HSCP but eventually I was offered HPSP. Not sure if it could work out like that for you.
That's a bit comforting. I'm trying to get my recruiter to look into putting me on a waitlist, although I don't even know if all the HPSP spots are filled yet since it's only february.