Apply EDP for fun?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CloverBale

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I accidentally posted this in DO (so if anyone knows how to delete a thread let me know, super sorry for double post :( )

So I just graduated undergraduate a month ago and I'm in the process of studying for my MCAT, which I'm taking August 25th. I'm going to take some of my classes over again in the Fall, and my real intensions are to apply to medical school next year. What if I just applied to one school for EDP this year? Would it look bad reapplying next year if I don't get in?

Members don't see this ad.

Being a reapplicant hurts. I don't recommend this.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You would not be eligible for EDP as the cutoff is in August.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
If you apply early decision and don't get it, are you only allowed to send regular decision applications after October 1st?

Really? How come? I thought it was good wanting to reapply? Showing your persistence?
Best is to get in on your first shot. If you're a reapplicant, they're going to try to figure out what changed to make you a better applicant the second time around.

If you're a reapplicant, you'll need to justify in every secondary application/interview why you didn't get in the first time and what you did to improve yourself. Probably best to remain uncomplicated and apply later if you don't feel ready to apply now. From someone who was a reapplicant, it was the biggest headache in the world.