Apply now, later? Chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FLeyeGUY

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello
This being the day Optomcas opens for the 2013-14 cycle I wanted to see what you all thought my chances were:

Gpa: 3.29

Oat:AA 290, TS 270

Worked in the industry for 5 years with many OD's (LensCrafters, VisionWorks) In lab manufacturing lenses, OD pre-testing, OD front desk, assisted optician, etc.

I took the Kaplan course and was scoring 300+ but on test day I started out great, choked on Orgo, then had to rush to finish Phy and QR (my strongest section)... It seemed like time just flew by... I think I really fatigued myself by stressing out all day :scared:

Anyway, I plan on retaking asap which would be 8/4. Should I apply with this and then reapply or just wait until I get my 2nd attempt scores? Im currently working on my weak sections and am confident I can bring them up.

Members don't see this ad.

Why not just apply and mark down that you scheduled a retake of your OAT's? Some schools allow students to interview before the OAT. Your GPA wont change, only your OAT scores will.

I would say apply early now, and focus on the OAT so that if you do well it will help you better your chances.

Hello
This being the day Optomcas opens for the 2013-14 cycle I wanted to see what you all thought my chances were:

Gpa: 3.29

Oat:AA 290, TS 270

Worked in the industry for 5 years with many OD's (LensCrafters, VisionWorks) In lab manufacturing lenses, OD pre-testing, OD front desk, assisted optician, etc.

I took the Kaplan course and was scoring 300+ but on test day I started out great, choked on Orgo, then had to rush to finish Phy and QR (my strongest section)... It seemed like time just flew by... I think I really fatigued myself by stressing out all day :scared:

Anyway, I plan on retaking asap which would be 8/4. Should I apply with this and then reapply or just wait until I get my 2nd attempt scores? Im currently working on my weak sections and am confident I can bring them up.

Depends on where you're applying I guess, but I would get your name in the pile with the note that you are retaking the OAT. Very few schools will have interviewed by early August anyway.