Apply to all schools at once? Or wait until after I receive my MCAT Score?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Acetyl_Bro-A

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What's up everyone. I'm new to this forum and I would really appreciate some insight on this. So last summer I took the MCAT twice and received a horrible score (<25 both times) after I had completed and submitted my AMCAS app. Soon to find out, rejections from all school-which was what I expected. So now, a year later I have changed my mcat study habits (in a kaplan prep course now, and chugging out EK passages and reviewing my content) and have graduated with a 3.67 gpa. I plan on taking the 2015 mcat on July 18th. So my question to you all is, should I submit my amcas app with only a small amount of schools first, then wait until I receive my score on ~August 18th, and decide to send more apps to other schools? Or get ballsy and send my app to all of the selected schools at once before receiving my mcat score? Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

But that would mean that I would send my final app (with the received mcat score) in mid August. Do you think that's too late?

Members don't see this ad :)
Apply to a single throwaway school and wait for the MCAT before finalizing your list.
You can work on secondaries for state schools, etc. in the meantime.
But that would mean I would send in my finalized amcas app in mid august (after receiving my mcat score). Do you think that's too late?

But that would mean that I would send my final app (with the received mcat score) in mid August. Do you think that's too late?
The longest delay in the application is for verification of transcripts.
Additional schools added when your new MCAT is available will be processed within a day. No delay.

Reactions: 1 users
Nobody is going to look at your app before your MCAT score is in. Worse, some schools will throw your app in a hold pile pending your MCAT score, and that's a slow pile to get out of.