Apply to both UQ and UQ-O?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted158872

did any of you apply to both but were accepted to one but not the other?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
As an int'l applicant, you'd use the MCAT for both applications. There's no inherent reason why you can't apply to both, but you'd need to prepare for the inevitable 'Why?' and 'Which program do you prefer?' without being self-contradictory or otherwise -defeating.

Members don't see this ad :)
Why not? Even so-called standardized interviews leave room for individualized questions.

correct me if i'm wrong: i've heard there's no interview at UQ and it's a different committee from UQ-O....

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure if you are allowed to apply to both. That's a good question.

I guess if you get rejected from one you can apply to the other. UQ still has a minimum mcat of 24 with no interview whereas UQ-O now has a minimum MCAT of 26 and an interview required. Not sure if there is an international quota for UQ regular. I believe they cap the UQ-O cohort at 125-150 so once the class is filled you won't get in even if you have great stats.

I believe it's the same committee because your application is looked at by the UQ admissions committee in Australia regardless of the fact that you submit to mededpath for UQ-O.

I was told by MedEdPath when I was applying that I was not allowed to apply to both programs.

Hm. I'd doublecheck that with the School of Medicine. OTOH if you don't ask and they don't tell, they can't really object to your applying to both.

Maruko, there's no reason you'd be screwed. They're not going to hold it against you. Worst case is you tell them it reflects how much you want to spend (at least) 2 years in Queensland, while you want to keep your options open wrt where you end up (knowing full and well that you aren't guaranteed an internship in Australia after UQ, just as not in the US after UQ-O, yadda yadda).