applying for 2000

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phoebus

20+ Year Member
Reaction score

I am planning on applying for 2000. I have been working as an Athletic Trainer/ Massage Therapist in outpatient orthopedic physical therapy for over 10 years. My degree was in 1988, so I have been taking my biology classes again, and taking chemistry and physics for the first time. With work and school, my schedule will have me taking my last Organic Chem during the spring 2000 semester. Will this make it completely impossible for me to get an interview? Is there anything I can do to give myself a chance?

Members don't see this ad.

phoebus,

If you take the MCAT in April 2000 (which you need to do if you will be taking ochem 2 during the sping of 2000) then you should apply the summer of 2000. If you apply the summer of 2000 (and get accepted) you will start school in August of 2001 and graduate in 2005.

It is very important that you get your application in early. I had mine ready for June 1st. Also, be sure and get your letters of recomendation ready. I asked one professor for a letter in April. He did not have it until August.

premed1

Phoebus,

I hate to say it, but I don't think it will be possible to apply for the entering class of 2000. Like premed1 said, you won't be able to take the MCAT until you are least taking your last ochem class. That will be spring of 2000, and you won't get serious consideration by schools if you apply without an MCAT score. But 2001 is completely feasible. Good luck!

[This message has been edited by summerb (edited 03-25-99).]