Applying for Fall 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CDLissa

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who else will be applying?

I am!

Members don't see this ad.

Yes I already knew it was at least the two of us :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck guys. Don't make the same mistake I did, which was to register late. I managed to get into a good program, but it wasn't my first choice due to the long commute.

Good luck guys. Don't make the same mistake I did, which was to register late. I managed to get into a good program, but it wasn't my first choice due to the long commute.

Thanks :) I am planning on applying to the programs as soon as the application process opens up - most open from September 1st - 15th. Congratulations on getting into a good program!!

I was planning on the beginning-mid November (taking the GRE in October). I saw most deadlines were December and January. Think that is early enough?

I am! I am planning on taking the GRE next summer and probably in the fall. I am hoping for a great score so I am willing to take it two or three times. I am trying to find a class to take right now.

I am! I am planning on taking the GRE next summer and probably in the fall. I am hoping for a great score so I am willing to take it two or three times. I am trying to find a class to take right now.

I am taking the GRE next month. I plan to only take it once.
Hopefully you can find a class that is good. I took a prep class at my school last semester and it was a waste. The instructor really knew nothing about the GRE and just had us do stuff out of the book. I was disappointed in it - I had hope she would have provided helpful tips because I can do the book work on my own.

I took the GRE at the end of last month. After taking an online prep class that didn't help very much and using the ETS prep book for a month, I still didn't feel prepared. I also have standardized test anxiety...as I'm sure most people do. My verbal and writing scores are just about average and my math score is in the pits! My hope is that I can puff up my other qualifications so my low scores can be overlooked.

I'll be applying! I'm currently studying to take the GRE in a couple weeks and trying to narrow down my list of schools. Do any of you know where you'll be looking yet?

Has anyone applying for 2014 narrowed down their schools yet?

I know I'm applying to University of Louisville because I'm in-state, but I haven't really decided on any other programs.

Has anyone applying for 2014 narrowed down their schools yet?

I know I'm applying to University of Louisville because I'm in-state, but I haven't really decided on any other programs.

I'm also trying to nail down my list of schools. I know that I'm much more interested in clinically focused programs (as opposed to more research oriented schools). However, I'm having trouble figuring out which schools are the "heavy research" schools. How is this determined???

I also would prefer a clinical based school. I have been looking at ASHA's information and it lists research funding, I presume the schools with less zeros in this area would be more clinical.