Applying for Jobs (Clinical)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UhOh

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
When are doctoral students expecting to graduate supposed to start applying for jobs? Does anyone have suggestions about where to look for job openings? I'm interested in clinical jobs that will provide supervision for the required hours towards licensure. The only place I'm aware of that lists openings is the APA career website.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
usajobs.gov

Not sure about when to start applying, but I do know the VA hiring system takes awhile. It might be best to contact a VA HR representative if you are interested in going that route.

Yes, also google...websites like simplyhired and indeed often have clinical positions

Agree with the suggestions for simplyhired and indeed. You can save your search criteria and get daily emails with new listings. I also did the same with my local newspapers' job listing sites.

I've just started recently applying for jobs, and am looking for clinical positions working with serious mental illness. In addition to the above, I've been checking out the State (for state hospital and prison positions), local hospitals, and nonprofit agency websites.

Good luck to you!