Applying for staff position

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EML9255

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
currently wags floater.

Staff rph opened up in my favorite store. Heard back from the store manager (not rx manager) for interview next Wednesday. What should I expct?

I've floated here a bunch and have worked with the pharmacy manager before. I really enjoy working there and have a great workflow w all techs etc while im there. I'm actually scheduled there for the entire next pay period already as the floater (wondering if this is a coincidence or they requested me?) thanks

Members don't see this ad.

They put you in the normal staff RPh hours for the next pay period because they needed someone immediately and you were the best option for it. They often have someone in mind, which would most likely be you, but they still have to interview for it now, it's policy.

So they will interview you and will let you know for sure if it's permanent. I had the same thing happen to me.... I will say though it's not guaranteed that you'll get it, but more than likely

They put you in the normal staff RPh hours for the next pay period because they needed someone immediately and you were the best option for it. They often have someone in mind, which would most likely be you, but they still have to interview for it now, it's policy.

So they will interview you and will let you know for sure if it's permanent. I had the same thing happen to me.... I will say though it's not guaranteed that you'll get it, but more than likely
This is probably a dumb question (I'll have it on me anyway) but do they look at resumes or anything or just basically talk to to see if you'll be a good fit?

Members don't see this ad :)
They will do a behavioral interview with you and probably speak with a pharmacy manager you've worked with to see what they think. They speak to the district manager most likely and will make there decision then. No need for a resume as long as you are already an employee.

Update, got it!!!!!!

Also didn't realize the way the stores schedule run my weekends off will always be fri,sat,Sunday. I'm sooooo happy to be done floating!