Applying for State Medical License

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

superficialxray

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am hoping to take the ABR Oral in May as a graduate of a Canadian residency program. I got an email from ABR saying I need an active state license by February 5 to be eligible.

Can anyone provide any insight into the easiest/quickest/cheapest way to do this? Is it even possible to acquire a state license in such a short period? Any help is appreciated.

Another option is to simply defer the exam to next year and work on licensure in the meantime.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I am hoping to take the ABR Oral in May as a graduate of a Canadian residency program. I got an email from ABR saying I need an active state license by February 5 to be eligible.

Can anyone provide any insight into the easiest/quickest/cheapest way to do this? Is it even possible to acquire a state license in such a short period? Any help is appreciated.

Another option is to simply defer the exam to next year and work on licensure in the meantime.

Thanks!

It's not possible to get a license by February 5.

Turns out my Canadian provincial license is acceptable. Sorry for the confusion.