Applying for vet school question?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OtterMayhem

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all! I'm still currently a sophomore in college but life is going by so fast and I'm trying to get the rest of my undergrad plan and when I need to take the GRE and apply down. I will be done with my degree Fall of 2017, when do I apply? I was thinking I apply Spring of 2016. Do you apply a year out? I was just confused because if I apply Spring of 2016 I still have one more semester of classes, is this correct? Or do you apply the semester before you will go to vet school? Thanks in advance for all that answer sorry it's a silly question!

Members don't see this ad.

So, if you graduate Fall of 2017 (December of 2017, correct?), you could apply during the summer of 2017 for admittance into the incoming class of 2018 (Class of 2022), i.e. you'd begin vet school in Summer/Fall of 2018, depending on being accepted first time around and what school you end up attending. You could also apply during summer of 2018 for the Class of 2021.

Hopefully that makes sense.

I think epi meant Class of 2023 for applying summer of 2018, but basically exactly what she said. The earliest you would want to apply if you want your degree would be summer 2017. You can of course apply later if you want to take a gap year or two or whatever!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Okay perfect, now I understand completely! Thank you both so so much!

Yes, thank you. I can't math. Vet school destroys your brain.

Yes, thank you. I can't math. Vet school destroys your brain.
a3caa2ff19a8d42aa72cfad636d87c1d9e5ce5cafe1bf3bf90ccbc8c3d6fc71a.jpg