Applying in 2013. when should i take my pcat?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmacy studen

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! i am thinking about applying to pharmacy school next year so i was just wondering what is the best time to take my pcat? i am scheduled to take the exam in January. Currently, I am taking pcat kaplan classes online, and they recommend that i take the pcat right after i get done with the classes, which is in September. so should i schedule my second pcat exam in september and also keep the one in january or should i just cancel the january one that i am already signed up for? I don't know what to do. I am so lost :confused: PLEASE HELP!!

also do i have to pay both times?

And i am sorry the title should say 2013 lol

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I would say take the PCAT in september to see your preliminary score, if you're not satisfied with the score then I would say retake it in Jan... =):thumbup:

Hello everyone! i am thinking about applying to pharmacy school next year so i was just wondering what is the best time to take my pcat? i am scheduled to take the exam in January. Currently, I am taking pcat kaplan classes online, and they recommend that i take the pcat right after i get done with the classes, which is in September. so should i schedule my second pcat exam in september and also keep the one in january or should i just cancel the january one that i am already signed up for? I don't know what to do. I am so lost :confused: PLEASE HELP!!

also do i have to pay both times?

And i am sorry the title should say 2013 lol

Kaplan recommends that you take the PCAT right after the course so all the material will still be fresh in your mind. Are you doing Okay with the course? Have you taken any practice tests to see what your base line score is?

If you are satisfied with your progress/score, I would suggest that you take the PCAT in September. If you score well, you're done with PCAT!
However, regular PCAT registration for September PCAT dates has been ended so you will have to pay late additional fee (on top of the test fee) and you might not get your desired testing date/location.
https://tpc-etesting.com/pcat/Default.aspx

Since you are not applying until next year for the entering class of 2013, I don't think taking PCAT in January is bad. You will have more time to review the content material, practice RC/Verbal and do Pearson practice tests. I would definitely keep January PCAT test date though just in case you decide not to take September PCAT. Best of luck :luck:

Last edited: