Applying June 3rd (or a few days after June 1st)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sunspear

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey you guys, I have a question about applying to AADSAS. Everyone and their mother has been telling me to apply on day one (which is June 1st), but my Spring semester official transcript (i.e., this semester's grades, which I want to be factored into my GPA, since it's low -- 3.3 overall, 3.2 science) won't be ready until between May 27th and June 3rd, and possibly a few days after that. Will it really hurt me at all if I submit my application a few days after June 1st?

Members don't see this ad.

It will make absolutely no difference if you apply June 1st vs June 3rd. It probably won't even make a difference if you apply June 1st vs June 15th if you want to get out in the first batch. The first batch will go out around the end of June, so once AADSAS reaches its limits for the first batch, you'll be placed in the 2nd batch. The important thing to keep in mind is when your transcripts and DAT scores are verified. If you e-submit the first day but don't have your transcripts sent in and verified until the end of June, what is the point of e-submitting the first day?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey you guys, I have a question about applying to AADSAS. Everyone and their mother has been telling me to apply on day one (which is June 1st), but my Spring semester official transcript (i.e., this semester's grades, which I want to be factored into my GPA, since it's low -- 3.3 overall, 3.2 science) won't be ready until between May 27th and June 3rd, and possibly a few days after that. Will it really hurt me at all if I submit my application a few days after June 1st?

You will still be in the first batch, so it doesn't matter at all. Think about it: you are applying 2 days later that someone, in a 6 month long process.

I remember the first time I applied I stayed up til midnight to fill out my application as soon as it was open. Didnt matter, didnt make it in anywhere. This last year, I think I waited til the middle of june to apply. still was in the first group. It doesnt matter when that first little bit as long as you have all your ducks in a row and make sure you stay on top of your school and aadsas so you know if/when they get your transcropts and LORs. I had a friend that had to have his transcripts sent out in mid july because AADSAS said they never got them in june. But like the above have mentioned you will be fine.

earlier you apply the sooner if you can correct any mistakes by AADSAS such as lost transcripts or letters

Contrary to extremely popular belief, ds do not necessarily follow the dictum that "the early bird gets the worm". They would much rather have an applicant that they feel is likely to finish ds.