Applying June 3rd versus June ~10th... big difference?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Th2

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I've essentially got my application completed as a result of applying last cycle. This year, there are just a couple of adjustments and revisions I intend on making. However, my semester ends on May 30th and would like to maintain focus until then. After that, I am free to work on my app.

Since I want to spend more than 3 days on revising it... what difference would it be to apply a week after it opens? Apping day 1 I'm sure ALWAYS looks nice--"this kid must really be on the ball!" But really, big whooptie-do if I app the 10th?

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Get off SDN. There is no difference. Anyone who tells you otherwise is ill-informed.

Apply by August, and you're still early for most schools.

Reactions: 1 users
Most schools don't even send secondaries until late June - mid July, some even later than that.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think the reason we think there is a difference is because we are desperate to get in.

Reactions: 1 user
June is early. July is on time. August is late, but if you have good stats August is fine. Anything later, you're asking for trouble.

June is early. July is on time. August is late, but if you have good stats August is fine. Anything later, you're asking for trouble.

I'd say even later. Was complete last week of July and still was able to score a couple first interview dates. August is perfectly fine. Even being complete at one school in October, I scored a quick turn around interview and is ultimately where I ended up matriculating to.

Reactions: 1 user
August imo will be a school to school things(I.e.: the oldest schools, who receive the most apps, it may be late.)

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

I don't think its late(TCOM being the exception due to TMDSAS). If you're applying in the first week of June (or even most of June), chances are you'll get verified in a relatively short amount of time compared to any time later in the cycle. Peak times for aacomas verification are August-Dec. As someone mentioned, most secondaries go out in mid-late July and you'll still be considered for the first batch of interviews.

edit: misread the post