Applying to both DO & DPM programs at the same university/COM/CPM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oceanman

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Some schools like WesternU & DMU have both DO and DPM programs. How would it look or would it be allowed to apply to both of those programs at the same university/COM/CPM?
Stats: 3.84 cGPA 3.87sGPA 25 MCAT (8,7,10)

Members don't see this ad.

DMU won't let you. It's says on their website that you can only apply to one program in an application cycle. I don't know about western.

Reactions: 1 user
Not a good idea. If one program happens to notice or they speak to each other, it would be hard to justify your reasoning for wanting to go Pod.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
DMU won't let you. It's says on their website that you can only apply to one program in an application cycle. I don't know about western.

I've looked through their website and have not seen this. Do you mind posting the link?

Some schools like WesternU & DMU have both DO and DPM programs. How would it look or would it be allowed to apply to both of those programs at the same university/COM/CPM?
Stats: 3.84 cGPA 3.87sGPA 25 MCAT (8,7,10)

You would look like someone desperate for a six figure salary someday or a title chaser who doesn't actually know what he/she wants to do.

You would look like someone desperate for a six figure salary someday or a title chaser who doesn't actually know what he/she wants to do.

I agree with this to some extent. Podiatry can almost be thought of as just a specialty of medicine that you choose to go in to right away instead of waiting until your fourth year of medical school. You could argue that you would pursue ortho with a pod fellowship were you unable to go to podiatry school. That you still have a passion for foot and ankle care and no matter the route you will end up providing that type of care. Just my two sense though.