Applying to Clinical Psych Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maryg2014

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Last year I applied to Clinical Psych programs and had to reject an offer to an interview because it was the same day as a different interview. Unfortunately I did not get into a program last year and I am reapplying this year. I would really like to apply the school I rejected the interview for because I'm so interested in their research, but I'm not sure if they'll even consider me since I rejected their interview last year. Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Did you attempt to set up an alternative interview time for the school when you applied last year? It depends on the school. It may go overlooked but your application may stand out because you chose not to interview there last year. If you have the resources, I would say go for it. What's one more school? Especially one you already applied to. Just think about what you'll say if you get an interview this year and they ask about your lack of interest when offered one the prior year.