MPH applying to columbia accelerated MPH straight out of undergrad?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Halfdolphy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

Im currently a junior in college and I'm thinking of applying to Columbia's accelerated 1 year MPH next year. Does anyone here got in the accelerated MPH program at Columbia (straight from undergrad?) I know that it's going to be more difficult for me but do you think it's possible? I'm also applying to MD schools one after I completed my MPH- that's why I think the one year program would work better for me.

Also, does anyone know any 1 year MPH programs that don't mind accepting students straight from UG?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Mostly 1 year MPH programs in the US are for people with experience in the public health field. I think London's School of Tropical Medicine is 1 year though. They might accept straight from UG.

I started in 2012, the first year of the accelerated MPH program at Columbia. Everyone that I knew in the accelerated MPH was either in medical school, was an MD/NP/PA/Dentist or at least had 5+ years of work experience. I had one friend that was in her early 20s in the accelerated program but she had 2 years of clinical research experience.

I think your chances are much better applying for the 2 year MPH at Columbia straight out of undergrad.