Applying to medical school in Poland

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
S

Sunny_1225

I originally posted this somewhere else accidentally.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.mdprogram.com/html/4yrmd/

Hi everyone,

My sister is interested in applying to medical school in Poland. She is thinking of applying there b/c her grades (in college) were pretty bad, and doesn't think there is any hope for her getting in anywhere here in the states.

The school states that they run on an american based program.

But still, I am hesitant to believe that she is able to get into a residency easily back here in the US once she has completed medical school in poland.

Is it possible to easily get licensed in the US once she finishes school over there?

Thanks a million.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know about this. From their website:

"Students will have the ability to go about United Europe as a Doctor with this credential once Poland joind United Europe."

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know about this. From their website:

"Students will have the ability to go about United Europe as a Doctor with this credential once Poland joind United Europe."

:laugh:
But seriously, I know that people from Poland can quite easily move around and work all over the EU. However, I have met a couple of residents who trained in Poland, and they were treated just like any other IMG (International Medical Graduate). So no, it will not be as easy as say, an American Medical Graduate, to get into residency after Polish Med School. However, is she a US Citizen? becuase then she will have more options.

I originally posted this somewhere else accidentally.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.mdprogram.com/html/4yrmd/

Hi everyone,

My sister is interested in applying to medical school in Poland. She is thinking of applying there b/c her grades (in college) were pretty bad, and doesn't think there is any hope for her getting in anywhere here in the states.

The school states that they run on an american based program.

But still, I am hesitant to believe that she is able to get into a residency easily back here in the US once she has completed medical school in poland.

Is it possible to easily get licensed in the US once she finishes school over there?

Thanks a million.

I'm an m2 in a polish medical school (UJ), and I would say that yes, it is more difficult. Unlike US med schools there's no hand holding, meaning no advisors or anyone else helping you out with administrative crap. They expect you to do everything yourself. Find everything out yourself, from US laws about IMGs to when and how to register for the USMLE and rotations. The school itself is good, with knowledgeable profs and difficult classes. The only down side is that this person would need to beat the US mean on the USMLE and shine in her away rotations.

I would try to get into a US med school first, and go to poland if that doesn't work out.

A few random other things to consider, does this person speak polish? know polish academic rules and customs? If not, I have seen the mere transition to living here difficult for some. Also, before, the cost was significantly lower than any med school in the US, but now they want around 10,000 Euro per year, which is not longer that big a difference. (with air travel, cost of living, ect.)

I don't know how bad this person's grades were in college, but now more and more students want to come here, making the school more competitive, so it's no longer the case that if you can pay you can attend.

as i know CMUJ is the only university giving the right to work in the us without problems.You should ask them.

Hello~~ what does CMUJ stand for? I couldn't find it online.

Also, I was wondering if the student is not a US citizen, how difficult is it to have a residency match in the US?

Would the student have chances to obtain a residency in other European country?