Applying to Ortho: Need help with the steps!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RestorDent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi
Im a FTD applying to Orthodontics this year and im a little confused. Basically, we send out our application and we have to wait to get a call for an interview first right?? Then we can rank our choices on MATCH. But we can only rank if we get calls for interviews, am I right do far? So if I didnt get a call back for an interview anywhere then Im done for this year right? No need to rank the schools or anyting?? And just re-apply next year :confused:

Thx, Im so lost right abt now.

Members don't see this ad.

Also if when they call for an interview, do they give u time to prepare? or you have like a week to get ur but down to their uni? Cus ill have to book a flight and apply for visa so i might just do it even before i hear from them if its going to be a sudden noticed like 1-2 weeks.

Thx again, sorry if its a stupid question. First timer here;)

Also if when they call for an interview, do they give u time to prepare? or you have like a week to get ur but down to their uni? Cus ill have to book a flight and apply for visa so i might just do it even before i hear from them if its going to be a sudden noticed like 1-2 weeks.

Thx again, sorry if its a stupid question. First timer here;)

OK so you don't have a visa yet. That alone could take months to get. I really don't know what to tell you buddy. If you don't have a visa, and live outside the country, you won't even be able to fly to your interview which is a pre-requisite to admission which you would use on your application to get a student visa. Catch 22. Good luck dude.

Members don't see this ad :)
No, no I have a green card. I'm just working as a lecturer in the University in Thailand. So i wont need a visa but i will need to book a flight and all that. But the thing is , if i dont get any interview request then its over right? :confused: No point even ranking in the match (which I have already registered like 2 months ago).
Thanks