Applying to PhD Programs - Undergraduate CVs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PsychBiker

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am doing some informal research and am trying to find out what CV's of Junior and Senior-level undergraduates applying to PhD programs look like. Anyone able to direct me to where I could find some? Anyone have one they could provide me? Its confidential and won't be used beyond my personal review.

Beyond that, anyone have good resources for undergrads looking to build up their CVs?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

When I applied to grad school my CV (in a nutshell) was: BA in Psychology; 2 years experience as an undergraduate research assistant (two labs); 6 months as a paid RA/study coordinator; one poster presentation; couple of volunteer experiences; somewhat relevant work experience in a medical setting.

Do you have research team members a year ahead of you? They probably already wrote about mutual projects and will have a good format. In my team we kind of passed resumes down one year at a time

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
This book (Amazon product) has some undergrad CV examples. The book is generally helpful in application recommendations as well.

Another option is to scout around for first year grad student CVs....they won't look that different from people who are applying to grad school.

I'm finding it pretty difficult to find any labs (pertaining to Psychology in any way) to assist in research with. The only ones I find are ones that want you to be participants/subjects. Sorry, I am new here. I will be graduating with my Master's in Clinical Mental Health Counseling soon, and I really want to get some lab experience before I even attempt to apply to any schools. I have plenty of clinical experience as I have interned and worked in clinical settings for a few years now. Any tips?

I'm finding it pretty difficult to find any labs (pertaining to Psychology in any way) to assist in research with. The only ones I find are ones that want you to be participants/subjects. Sorry, I am new here. I will be graduating with my Master's in Clinical Mental Health Counseling soon, and I really want to get some lab experience before I even attempt to apply to any schools. I have plenty of clinical experience as I have interned and worked in clinical settings for a few years now. Any tips?
This should be a new thread, but I would actively go to the ones that want participants and ask if you can help and get involved. It sounds like you're looking for posted advertisements or something and really you have to actively talk to the research teams at your school and ask them. One will say yes