Applying to Texas schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Afford

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
For medical school admissions no school is a "safety". While you chances are very good they are not 100% and it is to your advantage to fill out every secondary.

Thanks. I forgot to mention that I'm also applying to 14 other medical schools through AMCAS because of the fee waiver, so I'm just worried about secondary burnout. Is there a good amount of secondaries that I should do? The problem with working a full-time job while doing these essays is that I get tired after work, so I'm unsure if I can write quality essays in a decent amount of time.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd say definitely fill out all of the Texas applications. As for the other schools, try to complete them all but prioritize your choices. Keep in mind that someone with your stats may not have difficulty at outside schools because you are so likely to matriculate at a Texas school given the tuition and acceptance rates there. I've completed 30 secondaries so far and while it is difficult it will be worth it in the end to persevere!

Thanks for the advice. Your last post is kind of confusing. Do you mean that I will have more difficulty or less difficulty applying out of state?

Sorry. You will have difficulty applying out of state. Adcoms know how attractive Texas schools are to residents and will aim to protect their yield.

Yeah thanks for the reply. I'll power through and fill them out. It's only $120 anyways and a few hours of my time.