Applying to Turkish Medical Schools from America

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ItchyShoulders

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi There.

Im pretty new here, however, because there are many experienced and intelligent people on these forums, I hope to take a shot at this.

Im a Turkish-American who has lived in the United States for about 14 years now, currently in my First Year, Second Semester of the New York Institute of Technology. I am studying for a BS in Biology and I do hope I could transfer to one of the prestigious Medical Schools such as the Istanbul Medical Faculty (Istanbul tip fakultesi). I am quite proficient in both Turkish and English, so responses in Turkish will be gladly accepted.

My question is, for IU Capa or Cerrahpasa, Ive been trying to contact them, but have no luck. Is there any way to find out what I need beforehand and is there an email that they respond to for international applicants?

What do i need for them? do they accept SAT exams?

Any help will be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I just saw your message. I'm not quite sure if the entrance system is changed or not. Turkish citizens need to go through nation wide entrance exams. Each year >1.5 million high school graduates go through it and you need to be in first %1 to be be able to "win" Cerrahpaşa/Çapa. Hovewer, each year each faculty has some quotas for foreign nationals and if you're USA citizen, you may try this route. I don't know dual-citizenship (eg Turkish & USA) counts but it's better to check. There are also some non-govermental (more or less private) medical schools and you may also want to ask their procedures.

You can find some links
http://yos.istanbul.edu.tr/
http://www.osym.gov.tr/belge/1-5898/yabanci-uyruklu-ogrenci-sinavi-yos.html

Best luck.

Hi There.

Im pretty new here, however, because there are many experienced and intelligent people on these forums, I hope to take a shot at this.

Im a Turkish-American who has lived in the United States for about 14 years now, currently in my First Year, Second Semester of the New York Institute of Technology. I am studying for a BS in Biology and I do hope I could transfer to one of the prestigious Medical Schools such as the Istanbul Medical Faculty (Istanbul tip fakultesi). I am quite proficient in both Turkish and English, so responses in Turkish will be gladly accepted.

My question is, for IU Capa or Cerrahpasa, Ive been trying to contact them, but have no luck. Is there any way to find out what I need beforehand and is there an email that they respond to for international applicants?

What do i need for them? do they accept SAT exams?

Any help will be appreciated.
Were you successful OP? I'm going through the process now, and it's daunting lol