Applying to work in a clinic with no experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Celebi

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Recently I've been trying to apply for a job at my local optometric clinics so I can get more experiences, however, I had a hard time getting accepted because I lack prior experiences. What are some advices I should take into consideration when applying? I do well at my interviews and the doctors seem to like my attitude, but I was turned down because they found someone with more experience and I have close to none whatsoever. Should I shadow more and then try to apply again or keep trying? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

You can definitely shadow more. Shadowing is experience. Are you looking for a job as an optician (usually requires experience), or something more like a front desk or back office job (usually less experience required)? If all you want is experience, why not ask a doctor if you can do a long-term (over a couple weeks or so) shadow where you actually help out around the clinic?

I read your post, and made a new thread to answer the questions you had, and others I have seen around SDN.

View it here