Applying to your undergrad's med school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The intent was to admit 80... Whether the 90 is perpetuated remains to be seen.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because UChicago ***** you over when it comes to GPA, and Pritzker (like most any other medical school) doesn't want to deflate its stats the way the college does. Oh, and their premedical advising office was downright terrible (basically they would tell you "you're hopeless, don't even bother applying") until very recently, when it was rebranded from CCIHP to UCIHP.

You can tell I'm not a bitter alumnus at all.

I've heard similar things here at Wustl, along the lines of "why don't they inflate us to a 3.7 average like Harvard then we could actually get into our stats-whoring med school" haha

Not much.

Do you care about being an applicants first choice for other reasons? Or do you sort of expect anyone to say you're their first choice when asked, and you don't really consider it at all?

Do you care about being an applicants first choice for other reasons? Or do you sort of expect anyone to say you're their first choice when asked, and you don't really consider it at all?
As long as I get the best applicants and the best class I can, I don't really care.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
The intent was to admit 80... Whether the 90 is perpetuated remains to be seen.

What do you mean by this? That you want to have only 80 but since you maybe admit too many people (i.e., underestimating yield), you always get 90 and are slightly overenrolled?

What do you mean by this? That you want to have only 80 but since you maybe admit too many people (i.e., underestimating yield), you always get 90 and are slightly overenrolled?
The original intent was to admit 80. The class ended up over enrolled. The decision to continue the larger class size was post hoc.

I am reporting this you realize, not confessing it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users
The original intent was to admit 80. The class ended up over enrolled. The decision to continue the larger class size was post hoc.

I am reporting this you realize, not confessing it!

Oh so are you just saying it ended up being 90 for like 1 year? And then instead of going back to 80 in future years, you are sticking with 90 as the new target?

@justadream
Love your avatar btw! Brilliantly penguinificated.

@justadream
Love your avatar btw! Brilliantly penguinificated.
Its funny how u things think college care about anything other than numbers and the possibility of the applicant advertising for the school.

Like how obama inadvertently advertises harvard.